Prodigy star Keith Flint, actors Luke Perry, Peter Fonda and Doris Day, chef Gary Rhodes and sporting legends Gordon Banks and Niki Lauda are just a few of the stars we said goodbye to in 2019.Here’s a look back at the careers and the legacies left behind following the deaths of famous faces from the worlds of music, film, TV, fashion, sport and politics.JanuaryDick Miller was a star of 1980s classics such as Gremlins and The Terminator.The character actor rose to prominence playing Walter Paisley in cult classic A Bucket Of Blood in 1959, and went on to appear in Fame, The Howling, The ‘Burbs and scores of other films in a career spanning more than 60 years. Advertisement Director Joe Dante, who worked with Miller on many of his films, including Gremlins, paid tribute to a “dear friend” and said he “loved watching him act” following his death at the age of 90.Grammy award winner James Ingram was an R&B artist who had two US number ones – Baby, Come To Me (1983) and I Don’t Have The Heart (1990) – and also co-wrote Michael Jackson’s Pretty Young Thing with Quincy Jones. More from Ents & Arts Pussycat Dolls’… Read full this story
- Prince, Rickman, Bowie... famous faces we have said goodbye to in 2016
- Celebrity deaths in 2019 – from Marie Fredriksson to Juice Wrld and Gary Rhodes
- These are the TV shows we said goodbye to in 2019
- Famous faces show off their plush Christmas trees as they get in festive spirit
- Miss Universe 2019: Who Won the Pageant Crown Last Year?
- Louisiana economy well-positioned in 2019, but faces several of these headwinds
- Turning to death doulas helps 'take the fear away' when loved ones die
- Melbourne 2019 celebrity home sales include Dannii Minogue, Bruce McAvaney
- The Year in Comedy Podcasts
- NTA Awards 2019: Holly Willoughby lead best dressed list in stunning pink gown
Celebrity deaths 2019: The famous faces and notable figures we said goodbye to this year have 304 words, post on news.sky.com at December 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.