Matt Campbell has put an end to floating coaching rumors.
While the fourth-year Iowa State coach’s name surfaced around the country again for available head coaching positions, including Florida State and Arkansas, Campbell again showed his desire to remain in Ames, signing a contract extension through the 2025 season on Tuesday. The extension comes after Iowa State won at least five conference games for the third-consecutive season and reached its third-straight bowl game. Contract details, including an expected raise, will be released at a later date.
“I greatly appreciate Dr. (Wendy) Wintersteen’s and (Iowa State AD) Jamie’s (Pollard) proactive approach to extending my contract,” Campbell said in a statement. “My staff and I will be on the road this week actively recruiting the next class of Cyclones and it is important for recruits and their families to understand my commitment to Iowa State.”
Campbell signed contract extensions in each of the last two seasons, including a one last winter that was set to run through 2024. Tuesday’s announcement tacks on an additional year, putting to rest any speculation this offseason while also coming with a likely raise. Last year’s extension also included an additional $1 million for Campbell’s assistants. Campbell’s current contract paid him an average of $3.5 million per season.
Campbell addressed the team Monday and shared his desire to remain at Iowa State before heading on the recruiting trail. Iowa State will find out Sunday where it’s headed for a bowl game, where Campbell and Co. will have a chance to win eight games in a season for the third-straight season, something previously accomplished only from 1976-78.
“Both Matt and I wanted to send a message to our fans and recruits and their families, that he is excited about the future of our football program,” Iowa State AD Jamie Pollard said in a statement. “We are fortunate to have Matt leading our student-athletes and look forward to the continued success of our football program.”
In four seasons at Iowa State, Campbell has compiled a 26-24 record, taking Iowa State to three-straight bowl games for only the second time in program history. Since going 3-9 in his first season at Iowa State, the Cyclones are 23-15.
- Leicester City duo Ashleigh Plumptre and Charlie Devlin sign contract extensions as club look to retain WSL status
- Report: Jerome Baker signs contract extension with Miami Dolphins
- Steve Kerr, Bob Myers On Steph Curry’s Contract Extension; Draymond Green’s Offensive Output; Klay Thompson’s Return
- Alex Bowman, Hendrick Motorsports moving closer on contract extension
- Jordan Abdull: Hull KR half-back signs new three-year contract extension
- Agent's Take: What's the holdup with Jamal Adams' contract extension? Why Seahawks and All-Pro are at impasse
- Nick Saban signs new contract extension with Alabama through 2028 season
- Report: Rockets offering James Harden contract extension that could be worth projected max of $168 million over four years
- Report: Raptors signing Norman Powell to four-year, $42 million contract extension - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Joe Gibbs Racing signs Martin Truex Jr. to contract extension - NBC Sports
- Denzel Ward wants to stay in Cleveland, says his agent has talked contract extension with the Browns
- Kemba Walker tried to sign for even less money on 2014 contract extension - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- LSU wide receivers coach Mickey Joseph up for raise, contract extension, according to records
- Report: Pascal Siakam seeking max contract extension from Raptors
- Jamal Adams, Seahawks agreed to no contract extension in 2020 following trade from Jets, per report
- Luka Doncic still to sign super-max contract extension with Mavericks
- Edmonton signs forward Devin Shore to two-year contract extension
- Report: Heat signing Josh Richardson to four-year, $42 million contract extension - ProBasketballTalk | NBC Sports
- Browns QB Mayfield in 'no rush' with contract extension
- Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield in 'no rush' over contract extension
Campbell signs contract extension with Iowa State through 2025 have 613 words, post on 247sports.com at December 3, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.