Boris Johnson is on track to secure a staggering landslide in the election battle tonight as Labour’s ‘red wall’ of Brexit-backing strongholds implodes. The hotly-awaited exit poll shows voters handing the Tories a massive 368 seats, with Labour languishing on 191 – the worst performance in modern history. The SNP are predicted to get 55 and the Lib Dems 13. The bombshell numbers – equivalent to a Commons majority of 86 – comes after a month of brutal political struggle, as Jeremy Corbyn tried to sell his hard-Left agenda to the UK public. But his dream of a socialist Britain is now in ruins, with his time in charge of the party surely coming crashing to an end. It is worse than the showing by Mr Corbyn’s hero Michael Foot, who was famously put to the sword by Margaret Thatcher with just 209 seat in 1983. Amid reports of ‘mega’ turnout and unprecedented levels of tactical voting by Remainers, Tories had become increasingly nervous that victory could somehow slip from their grasp, despite a slew of polls during the campaign having given them a double-digit advantage. But the fears turned out to be unfounded, as the party’s mantra of ‘get Brexit… Read full this story
- Brexiteer reveals shock route for Boris Johnson to achieve no deal in savage EU attack
- Race to succeed Theresa May hots up as Tory leadership hopefuls urge party to win over young voters
- Remain alliance in tatters as Labour and Lib Dems MPs squabble over Brexit on ITV’s Peston
- BoJo's back as The Leaver Leader as Tories fear extinction of their party
- Brexit news: Ireland DEMAND Irish vote on Boris’s deal - will Brexit EVER happen?
- Theresa May explains stark choices the country faces over Brexit as she talks to Corbyn
- May restarts Brexit talks with Labour after calls for 'compromise'
- PM is forced to gear up for poll as long Brexit delay looks inevitable
- Majorities from EVERY generation and ethnic group want to cut immigration
- How a No Deal Brexit COULD happen this week
Boris Johnson storms home: Exit poll shows Tories WINNING crucial election as voters hand PM a majority to 'get Brexit done' - with Labour's 'red wall' of Leave-leaning strongholds crumbling have 327 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.