Apple cider vinegar: Expert shares recipe for weight loss drink
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Slimmers want to want to lose weight for many different reasons, whether to burn fat or improve their health. While a diet plan can help speed up results, apple cider vinegar is a drink proven to burn fat quickly. What is the best way to take the drink?
Weight loss goals can be achieved by a healthy diet and exercise plan.
However, sipping on ACV can help slimmers lose weight more quickly by burning fat.
ACV is a vinegar made from fermented apples by crushing them and squeezing out the liquid.
It can help speed up the metabolism which promotes fat loss, Lisa Borg, nutritionist at pulselightclinic.co.uk revealed.
Apple cider vinegar: Slimmers can shape up with the drink (Image: GETTY)
She told Express.co.uk: "Apple cider vinegar can help a weight loss regime due to its diuretic actions that assist the elimination of excess fluids, it’s cleansing effects on the liver and it can improve metabolism thereby encouraging the breakdown of excess fat."
By boosting the metabolism the body will burn more calories, meaning they are less likely to be stored as fat.
Not only does the bitter drink burn fat, but it can also help dieters get nutrients that are essential for weight loss.
"Weight loss is extremely difficult where nutrient deficiencies are present," Lisa added.
"ACV also contains trace minerals that are crucial in metabolic processes and often deficient in those who eat processed foods."
ACV will also improve the digestion of dieters which will ultimately lead to weight loss.
Lisa explained: “ACV’s contribution to digestive processes can help constipation which in turn can help weight loss because the slow a clogged bowel is still absorbing calories."
So, how should you take the drink?
The condiment can be taken in a number of different ways, but the expert revealed her top tip.
Apple cider vinegar: Having one or two tablespoons can help slimming (Image: GETTY)
She told Express.co.uk: "I recommend taking one tablespoon of ACV mixed into a full glass of water.
"You should sip this mixture throughout the first half of your meal."
For those who struggle to stomach the drink, honey and lemon can be added to make it sweeter.
Some will choose to mix ACV into a salad dressing or take the tablespoon neat.
Taking just one tablespoon a day could be enough for dieters to notice results on their waistline.
Apple cider vinegar: Dieters can boost their metabolism with the drink (Image: GETTY)
One study published on the US National Library of Medicine examined the effects of ACV of 175 obese people.
Participants were given either one or two spoonfuls of vinegar a day and all noticed weight loss results.
Those who took one tablespoon of ACV a day lost an average of 2.6 pounds during a three month period.
Those who took two tablespoons had even better weight loss results of 3.7 pounds during the study.
- DR ELLIE CANNON: Don't rely on cider vinegar to cure your lumps... or anything
- Taapsee Pannu’s ‘exotic, fat-burning powerhouse’ drink for Rashmi Rocket is great for weight loss. Here’s the recipe
- Fitness coach, 30, reveals the reason why you're not building muscle at the gym - and the 'fat loss hacks' she swears by
- Professional athletes capable of running rapid marathons can take in oxygen TWICE as fast as the regular person
- The worst Apple Watch problems and how to fix them
- 'My aim is to help instil a few good habits which will set you up for life': The Body Coach star JOE WICKS reveals his 30-day feelgood plan to get you slimmer, fitter and happier
- Waste that will make you weep: Luxury travel, lavish bonuses, and fine dining... while you watch every penny, major probe reveals public sector squanders £5.6bn of your cash
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim tips and tricks
- Celebrity personal trainer who keeps A-listers in shape reveals how YOU can get legs like Kendall, abs like J Lo and a bottom like Khloé
- Taapsee Pannu Trains Hard For Rashmi Rocket; Shares Photos Of Her 'Battle Scars'
- No Buttermilk At Home? Try These Buttermilk Substitutes Instead
- Taapsee Pannu shares pics from Rashmi Rocket training, explains bruises on her legs
- Taapsee Pannu’s muscular new frame from Rashmi Rocket is winning her praise, Looop Lapeta producer says: ‘Those quads!’
- Woman transformed her dry, damaged hair using rice water – and it looks SO shiny
- Are you having unwanted sugar? Here's help
- I ditched junk food to try NHS’s healthy eating plan for a week – my bank balance plummeted more than my waistline
- All the Verzuz Battles, Ranked
- Bend it like Bikram
- Calling home
- The most common reasons you're eating well but not dropping weight
Apple cider vinegar: How much should you drink to burn fat fast? Top tips revealed have 983 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.