Britain will be hit by a freezing fog bringing sub-zero temperatures before a weekend of torrential downpours. There are 89 flooding warnings that remain active following the wet weather – with 13 of them on the areas along River Avon in the south-west and 19 along the River Severn. Met Office meteorologist Aidan McGivern said: “(There will be a) grey start to Saturday for many with further showers. “Some brightness first thing along with the frost and some fog patches but for the rest of Scotland lots of cloud cover particularly across eastern and southern Scotland and some showers. “Cloud for northern England, into much of Wales and here again there will be showers especially near coastal areas.” The most persistent showers on Saturday will be across south-east Scotland, north-east England and then in a zone from western Scotland into western coasts of Wales as well as Cornwall. “By the start of Sunday a frost in places as well as some freezing fog patches that could be slow to clear,” Mr McGivern added. The Midlands will start the day with sunny spells that will spread across western Scotland and Northern Ireland. The temperature will rise and get warmer over the… Read full this story
- UK weather forecast: Storm Edouard to bring heavy rain before 'seven-day 30C heatwave'
- UK weather forecast – Britain set for scorching 28C sunshine as ‘driest ever’ May comes to a blistering end this weekend
- UK weather forecast – Brits bask in 34C heatwave on the hottest day of the year, before three days of thunderstorms
- UK weather forecast – Britain sizzles on hottest day of the year in UK heatwave as temp hits 32.6C
- UK weather forecast – Last weekend of 28C heatwave in UK as rainstorms and colder temperature set to hit most of Britain
- UK weather forecast: New heatwave could see 30C highs - but rain to come first
- UK weather forecast: Drinkers to enjoy 24C heat on 'Independence Day' as pubs reopen
- UK weather forecast: Brits to see week-long, 30-degree blistering heatwave this month as unsettled conditions end
- UK weather forecast – Britain set to be battered with rain in weekend washout as Met Office issues weather warning
- UK weather forecast – No more rain until JUNE as country on track for driest May since 1896
UK weather forecast: Freezing fog to descend during weekend of torrential rain have 371 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.