TWO alleged internet touts raked in nearly £11million in two years reselling top gig and show tickets, a court heard. Peter Hunter and David Smith are said to have used computer bots to harvest 30,000 tickets to sell on at inflated prices. They are accused of targeting Ed Sheeran gigs, West End hit Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and the Chelsea Flower Show. Hunter, 51, and Smith, 56, trading as Ticket Wiz and BZZ, were “dishonest fraudsters motivated by greed”, the jury was told. Leeds crown court heard they “harvested the tickets in large numbers” then sold them on secondary sites including Viagogo, Get Me In, StubHub and Seatwave. Jonathan Sandiford, prosecuting, said: “They were effectively internet ticket touts who exploited the love many people have for their favourite artists and bands in order to milk them for profit.”MOST READ IN UK NEWSExclusiveWHO DARED WON SAS hero who led charge into Kenya hotel during terror siege to get top medal APPY SHOPPING Amazing new food-wastage app selling huge box of supermarket goodies for £3 ‘HE SHOULD ROT’ Car seat crush tot’s gran says killer should’ve got LIFE – not just 7 years ExclusiveSICK JOKER Russell Howard slammed by mum… Read full this story
- Colombia arrests US men accused of selling fake COVID cure
- Three men charged with harassing and threatening R. Kelly accusers
- Hydroxychloroquine Imports Spike in Australia, As Billionaire Accused of Touting Drug As 'Cure'
- 2 US Men Charged with Selling Bogus COVID-19 Cure Arrested in Colombia
- Louisiana AG Accuses Facebook of 'Orwellian Benevolence' Over 'Censorship' of Breitbart Hydroxychloroquine Video
- Trump Accuses TikTok of Spreading Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories after Claiming Virus Came from Wuhan Lab
- Half price Eat Out To Help Out scheme used by Brits 11 million times in first week
- Android 10 will make it harder to use third-party gesture navigation
- Trump WeChat ban 'an unwelcome signal' for Chinese community
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: Even tablets are getting 5G now
Two men accused of raking in £11million by using computer bots to resell gig tickets at inflated prices have 318 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.