The Conservative candidate for Aberdeen North has been suspended by the party after comments he made seven years ago on an online forum emerged. Ryan Houghton referenced the views of discredited historian and Holocaust denier David Irving in posts on the martial arts forum when he was 20. In one post he suggested some of the Nazi’s persecution and murder of six million Jews had been ‘fabricated and exaggerated in some cases’. The Scottish Conservatives has now withdrawn its support for Mr Houghton, while condemning ‘all forms of Islamophobia, homophobia and anti-Semitism’. Ryan Houghton, pictured, has been suspended by the Conservative party after making comments saying saying the holocaust was ‘exaggerated’ on an online forum seven years ago Mr Houghton said The National newspaper had taken a ‘selective look’ at comments he made in discussions about terrorism, LGBT rights and anti-Semitism. Chats uncovered by the paper found Mr Houghton had used the username Razgriz. One post said there is ‘no credible evidence to suggest the Holocaust did not happen’, but added: ‘I do find some of the events fabricated, and exegarated [sic] in some cases.’ Mr Houghton also referenced ‘interesting’ research by discredited British historian and Adolf Hitler apologist David Irving. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1… Read full this story
- 'Chop your children up and put them in a STEW!': Tory MP candidate's family are threatened in sinister death threat scrawled on party questionnaire and sent to his local office
- Liberal Democrat election candidate QUITS after old Tweets using the N-word and branding people ‘retards’ and ‘f****ts’ are unearthed
- France's Front National suspends party official over Holocaust denial
- Labour election candidate Mark McDonald helped Cuban spy overturn a visa ban and come to the UK to visit Parliament
- General election 2019: How political parties choose election candidates
- Queen's Speech 2019 in full: All 22 Bills in shameless Tory election broadcast
- Why is there so little noise about the Tory election fraud claims?
- Pictured: The violent meme shared by budding Labour election candidate that shows a gun being pointed at Theresa May's head
- Change UK's lead Scotland EU election candidate tells voters to back Lib Dems
- Liaison office of Chinese central gov't in HKSAR condemns knife attack against district council election candidate
Tory election candidate is SUSPENDED over online comments saying the holocaust was 'exaggerated' and Muslims were plotting to create 'Eurabia' have 368 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.