Good morning. One week down in this election campaign and already we have seen factions form and founder, promises of heavy spending and a long list of gaffes and scandals including some that have forced candidates to pull out of the race. Read the following and then follow our live coverage to ensure you don’t miss a thing. What’s going on? It is Equal Pay Day – when the average woman effectively stops earning for the year, taking into account a mean gender pay gap of 13.1%. The Lib Dems and Labour will use it to announce measures to tackle the gender pay gap. The Liberal Democrats have pledged to oblige bigger companies to publish data on employment levels by gender, as well as for BAME and LGBT staff, and would push for a law to end the so-called pink tax, whereby companies charge higher prices for fundamentally identical products such as razors or deodorants simply because they are marketed at women. Labour has pledged to eradicate the gender pay gap by 2030 through measures such as fines for organisations that fail to report on the subject. This morning the Conservatives have promised to reduce overall migration if they win… Read full this story
- Britain’s Great Political Realignment Continues: Ex-CUK Chuka Joins Lib Dems
- Trouble on the doorstep as Lib Dems and Labour fight to appeal to voters
- Who are celebrities voting for in 2017 General Election? The A-Z of famous names supporting Labour, the Tories, the Lib Dems and Greens
- The Lib Dems need to get back to what they do best: making parliament work
- Lib Dems, Greens, and CUK at War, No Remain ‘Unity’ Candidate in By-election
- What Cameron REALLY thinks of his Brexit rivals, revealed by ex-Lib Dem minister DAVID LAWS in the political biography that will rock Westminster
- 'We're the Lib Dems. Rebuilding after disasters is what we do'
- Clegg launches Lib Dems as pro-EU anti-Ukip party for European elections
- Brexit: Change UK could form partnership with Lib Dems, Heidi Allen says
- Nick Clegg's former aide quits Lib Dems with attack on handling of Rennard row
Thursday briefing: Lib Dems and Labour make equality pitch have 348 words, post on www.theguardian.com at November 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.