The Osbournes could be making an unexpected return to TV, nearly 15 years since the reality show ended.
Kelly Osbourne has revealed that “this is the closest we’ve ever come to accepting” a deal to that would see the infamous show, with former X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne and Black Sabbath frontman Ozzy.
The 35-year-old was a teenager when the cameras came into the family home to document the chaotic life of the Osbournes and Kelly has indicated that there could be an appetite to do it all again.
Speaking to PeopleTV’s Reality Check , Kelly said: “I’m not joking, every single year about every three months or so someone else gives us another offer and we keep saying no.
“It keeps coming ’round. Right now there’s another offer on the table and I think this is the closest we’ve ever come to accepting one.”
Some 15 years after it was last broadcast, Kelly indicated that there is an appetite for the reality show again as they would like to capture the feeling of the first series.
Kelly continued: “The first season was such a magical time in my family’s life because we had no idea what we were doing. We had no idea that the show would be so successful.
“When I signed the contract for MTV, I was 15 years old and to see what it turned into, we didn’t know how people would perceive us or anything.
“And then suddenly wake up one day and literally be one of the most famous 16-year-olds in the world just being yourself.
“I think that is the most raw and vulnerable you will see any family on TV. And then it all kind of was like an explosion of too much reality for us.”
The MTV series only ran for four seasons originally, from 2002 until 2005 and proved to be popular due to its unfiltered look at what happened behind closed doors.
Since it finished, the family have been in ‘numerous talks’ to make a comeback and this is the closest they have come to making it happen.
The main consideration this time is whether they want to put the youngest members of the family through the stresses and strains of filming a reality TV show.
Kelly admitted: “We’ve got other people to think about. My brother’s got three kids.”
Jack shares his three young daughters with ex-wife Lisa.
Kelly continued: “Do we want that life for them without them being old enough to choose if they want to do it or not like my brother and I were.”
Sharon Osbourne recently broke her silence about why the show hadn’t returned. She told Howard Stern’s radio show that they “weren’t prepared to do it for f***ing peanuts.”
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.
- Smite Tactics closed beta offers paid insta-access Founder’s Pack
- The Witcher Battle Arena News: Free-To-Play Mobile MOBA Enters Closed Beta, Offers Eight Heroes And Two Levels
- Evolve Announces New Closed Alpha, Offers Chances To Register At PAX, Over Social Media
- Sam Speaks to Dream Reality Interactive About Altering Reality
- Coverage Club: Falling Into A Crypto Crisis (Crypto Crisis and Reality Falls)
- Nintendo brings virtual reality to Switch this spring with its Labo: VR Kit
- How Geo-location based augmented reality apps function?
- How Geo-location based Augmented Reality Apps work?
- Oculus Job Openings Suggests Company To Push Forward With Its Virtual Reality Plans
- Dick Smith Electronics to close all stores