HE was art curator to the Queen and her dad before her – but one of Britain’s most prolific spies, leaking some 2,000 secrets to Soviet intelligence at the height of the Cold War. KGB agent Sir Anthony Blunt operated from the heart of the establishment and, when his crimes were finally exposed to the world, it also emerged the trusted aristocrat was a third cousin of the Queen Mum. Tomorrow’s opening episode of the third series of Netflix royal drama The Crown revisits the scandal and features a stunned Monarch, played by Olivia Colman, 45, complicit in covering it up. After Blunt was found out in 1963, not only did Her Majesty keep his deception quiet, she had to watch him continue in his job until his retirement nine years later, aged 64. The espionage story was only broken to the world in 1979, by the late Margaret Thatcher. The cover-up seems incredible and is still shrouded in mystery but it is believed the secret services felt it was better to keep Blunt where they could see him. They also feared the humiliation of admitting they had let a spy operate from inside the walls of Buckingham Palace. Robert… Read full this story
- Netflix releases official trailer for The Crown season 3
- The Crown season three review: Prince Charles is the beating heart of the series
- Everything we know about The Crown season three
- The Crown season three: Reviews for the return of Netflix’s hit show promise viewers they will NOT be disappointed by Olivia Colman’s regal performance as the Queen
- TV Review: ‘The Crown’ Season 3, Starring Olivia Colman
- Claire Foy paid less than Matt Smith for The Crown, despite playing the Queen
- The Crown season two is royally good TV
- The Crown: Season 3 of Netflix drama depicts 'fictional' plot to split up Prince Charles and Camilla
- Russian double-agent Skripal poisoned by 'very rare nerve agent': UK sun reporter, citing security sources
- A VERY modern family! Queen's cousin Lord Ivar Mountbatten shares intimate glimpses into life at the home he shares with his husband AND ex-wife - and says his three daughters 'love having another man in the house'
The Crown season 3 revisits scandal of how the Queen covered up for cousin who was a secret Russian KGB agent have 357 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.