Carlin Sterritt had to keep his romance with Angie Kent under wraps for three months after filming the last episode in August.
And after Thursday’s season finale, the 30-year-old fitness trainer has revealed the ‘code name’ he used for Angie, 29, when they were still dating in secret.
Carlin told news.com.au that he saved his girlfriend as ‘Ally’ in his phone, in homage to the character played by Rachel McAdams in the 2004 film The Notebook.
Revealed: Carlin Sterritt’s very romantic ‘code name’ for Angie Kent while they were keeping their romance a secret before The Bachelorette finale. Pictured: Carlin
However, he had to keep changing Angie’s name on his phone because he was worried his friends would discover his secret.
‘I kept wigging out that people would read into it… but my housemate figured it out,’ he said.
Carlin explained that he had to come up with a story about another woman he’d met to throw his housemate off the scent.
How romantic! Carlin saved his girlfriend as ‘Ally’ in his phone, in homage to the character played by Rachel McAdams in the 2004 film The Notebook (pictured with Ryan Gosling)
‘Our own beautiful love story’: Meanwhile, Angie (pictured) saved Carlin in her phone under ‘Noah’, who is the male protagonist from The Notebook, played by Ryan Gosling
Meanwhile, Angie saved Carlin in her phone under ‘Noah’, who is the male protagonist from The Notebook, played by Ryan Gosling.
She explained: ‘Obviously that’s a beautiful romantic tale, so he was my Noah and I was his Ally. We chose those names because we had our own beautiful love story.’
It comes after Angie confessed her love for Carlin on Thursday night’s season finale of The Bachelorette.
Despite expressing doubts about his intentions, she told the F45 personal trainer she had ‘completely fallen in love with’ him.
Happily ever after! Angie confessed her love for Carlin on Thursday night’s season finale of The Bachelorette
She began by saying: ‘I’m just going to be honest, you’re usually not my type of guy. You’re very put together and I’m not put together. I’m not perfect.
‘And I don’t want the perfect guy just for everyone. I want the perfect guy for me. Because I truly have put my whole heart and soul into this.
‘There’s no doubt in my mind now that I feel like you are the perfect guy for me. And I am completely falling in love with you.’
A delighted Carlin replied, ‘What are you doing to me? Oh, my God. I have fallen in love with you too,’ before presenting Angie with a commitment ring.
Sealed with a kiss! For weeks, it was rumoured that Carlin had only applied for the show to launch his acting career, but Angie eventually decided to follow her instincts and trust him
- Ex-Trump aide says the president is like a gossipy female who can't keep a secret
- Reese Witherspoon Arrest: Actress Asked Officer to Keep Pregnancy Secret
- Move over, DNA. Life's other code is more subtle and far more powerful
- Has Electronic Arts Finally Cracked The 'Star Wars' Code?
- Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster hits Xbox One on April 16, preorder here
- Final Fantasy X|X-2 remaster hits Xbox One on April 16, preorder here
- The Bachelorette: Your guide to Becca's season
- IAC’s CEO says that understanding consumer-focused internet brands is keeping the company’s stock flying high
- Has the Mysterious Code of the Voynich Manuscript Been Cracked?
- The engineer who helped create Venmo and now works for a former Facebook bigwig is trying to win over ABC's 'Bachelorette'