Carlin Sterritt had to keep his romance with Angie Kent under wraps for three months after filming the last episode in August.
And after Thursday’s season finale, the 30-year-old fitness trainer has revealed the ‘code name’ he used for Angie, 29, when they were still dating in secret.
Carlin told news.com.au that he saved his girlfriend as ‘Ally’ in his phone, in homage to the character played by Rachel McAdams in the 2004 film The Notebook.
Revealed: Carlin Sterritt’s very romantic ‘code name’ for Angie Kent while they were keeping their romance a secret before The Bachelorette finale. Pictured: Carlin
However, he had to keep changing Angie’s name on his phone because he was worried his friends would discover his secret.
‘I kept wigging out that people would read into it… but my housemate figured it out,’ he said.
Carlin explained that he had to come up with a story about another woman he’d met to throw his housemate off the scent.
How romantic! Carlin saved his girlfriend as ‘Ally’ in his phone, in homage to the character played by Rachel McAdams in the 2004 film The Notebook (pictured with Ryan Gosling)
‘Our own beautiful love story’: Meanwhile, Angie (pictured) saved Carlin in her phone under ‘Noah’, who is the male protagonist from The Notebook, played by Ryan Gosling
Meanwhile, Angie saved Carlin in her phone under ‘Noah’, who is the male protagonist from The Notebook, played by Ryan Gosling.
She explained: ‘Obviously that’s a beautiful romantic tale, so he was my Noah and I was his Ally. We chose those names because we had our own beautiful love story.’
It comes after Angie confessed her love for Carlin on Thursday night’s season finale of The Bachelorette.
Despite expressing doubts about his intentions, she told the F45 personal trainer she had ‘completely fallen in love with’ him.
Happily ever after! Angie confessed her love for Carlin on Thursday night’s season finale of The Bachelorette
She began by saying: ‘I’m just going to be honest, you’re usually not my type of guy. You’re very put together and I’m not put together. I’m not perfect.
‘And I don’t want the perfect guy just for everyone. I want the perfect guy for me. Because I truly have put my whole heart and soul into this.
‘There’s no doubt in my mind now that I feel like you are the perfect guy for me. And I am completely falling in love with you.’
A delighted Carlin replied, ‘What are you doing to me? Oh, my God. I have fallen in love with you too,’ before presenting Angie with a commitment ring.
Sealed with a kiss! For weeks, it was rumoured that Carlin had only applied for the show to launch his acting career, but Angie eventually decided to follow her instincts and trust him
- 'I know what I heard': The Bachelorette star Carlin Sterritt 'DID say he wants to be the next Bachelor'... after Jamie Doran was kicked off for accusing him of chasing fame
- Why can’t Apple keep a secret anymore?
- Filing in developer's bankruptcy requests to keep email secret
- 'I had to make the choice' The Bachelorette's Ciarran Stott makes a heartbreaking confession following his exit on the show... after admitting it was a 'mistake' to leave Angie Kent
- He was keeping a secret
- McDonald's employees reveal their 20 favourite menu items -- and one bonus secret menu item everyone should try
- Ghost of Bachelors past! Nick Cummins' history with Helena Sauzier is revealed in a resurfaced Instagram post from BEFORE she began filming Matt Agnew's season
- What The Sony Hack Reveals About Hollywood’s Struggles With Technology
- Behind The Scenes At Karlie Kloss’s New Coding Camp For Girls
- GitHub’s Code For Workplace Happiness