Kodak Black has been jailed for three years and 10 months after pleading guilty to weapons charges.
The rapper admitted in August that he had falsified information on federal forms to buy guns from a shop in Miami.
Black, who goes by the name of Bill K Kapri, was arrested just before a concert performance in May and had been facing up to 10 years in jail.
He has several previous arrests on his record.
He had tried to buy the guns in January by telling the truth about himself but was rejected because a background check revealed criminal charges in South Carolina.
But this week the court in Florida heard that, by using false information during a second attempt in March, the 22-year-old was able to get three weapons – a 9mm handgun, a .380-calibre handgun and a semi-automatic Mini Draco weapon.
One of the guns was found at the scene of a shooting at Pompano Beach, just north of Fort Lauderdale, in March, although he was not charged in relation to that.
Assistant US Attorney Brice Brown told the court: “I think it’s time for us to give some tough love in this case.
“I just don’t see how and when he has taken these things seriously.”
But US District Judge Federico Moreno said Black had made anonymous donations to charitable causes and could continue to do so while in jail.
He told Mr Brown: “My suggestion would be you continue to be generous.”
Black, who has been in custody since he was arrested, told the court: “I have made some decisions I’m not proud of making.
“I do take full responsibility for my mishap.”
- Stockton Man Who Claims He Was Beaten In Jail Attack Charged With Battery On Officers
- Several US Marines Plead Guilty to Human Trafficking, Drug and Weapons Charges
- Judge frees jail officers charged with excessive force
- Another OneFour member is jailed as the 'tough guy' rapper breaks down in court and is slammed by a judge over savage brawl where two men were bashed with a chair leg and a hammer
- UFC fighter's stepdaughter Aniah Blanchard died from a gunshot wound as prosecutors seek the death penalty after charging kidnapping suspect with capital murder
- Charges Dropped Against Key Witness In Rahmael Holt Trial
- Charges are dropped against Remy Ma for allegedly punching her VH-1 co-star who claimed the rapper gave her a black eye
- Help ASAP: Star Rapper Rocky to Remain in Swedish Custody Despite Grand Support From Trump Family
- Texas police officer who once shot dead a black motorist in front of his children is caught on camera punching and choking a black patient waiting to be picked up from hospital
- A$AP Rocky Reportedly Denied Request to Perform at Swedish Prison He Was Jailed In