The tale of Conan the Army dog shifted from one of pure canine heroism in the hunt for ISIS terror Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to another example of Washington disconnect Tuesday – as a Pentagon official confirmed the animal was female, despite conflicting statements from the White House. ABC News reported that Conan ’is in fact a GIRL,’ citing a U.S. defense official Tuesday, just a day after the most recent word out of the White House was that Conan was as male as his masculine name. That confirmation, made anonymously, followed President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence using male pronouns as they lauded Conan, for helping corner the ISIS leader, who the Pentagon says blew himself up. The information from the Pentagon came a day after White House officials couldn’t get their story straight on a key attribute of the animal, who appeared with Trump and Pence for a Rose Garden ceremony and took a particular liking to Pence. At first, a White House official said Conan was a girl – which would conflict with Trump using the word ‘himself’ as he told of Conan’s role in the operation that got al-Baghdadi. Controversy erupted at the White House on… Read full this story
- Outgoing White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly defends his rocky tenure
- Here are five South Florida heroes who served combat tours
- Trolling Hell: Is the Satanic Temple a Prank, the Start of a New Religious Movement — or Both?
- Transcript: John Miller talks with Michael Morell on "Intelligence Matters"
- Donald Trump's 'Impulsive' Syria Withdrawal Is A Mess, But There's Little More U.S. Can Do There, Experts Say
- Inside the Hunt for the World’s Most Dangerous Terrorist
- 2018: The Year In Ideas: A Review Of Ideas
- POLITICO Playbook: Did Trump blow the shutdown?
- Most Influential 2018: Meet the top 100 influencers in Orange County
- 2018 news year in review: Stories across United States that moved us
New confusion over Conan the hero Army dog's sex: Pentagon can't decide whether Belgian Malinois that helped kill al-Baghdadi is male or female after White House gave conflicting answers following Trump photo-op have 316 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 26, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.