Over the next five weeks, the Conservatives, Labour and the Lib Dems will all be battling to get into Downing Street and lead the majority party.
And on today’s episode of This Morning , Money Saving Expert Martin revealed how you could earn money on the day of the election.
Speaking on the show, he said: “Many councils are looking for help, a vote counter in the election will earn £9.
“An election clerk, you’ll be there for the day, you can earn £135.
“You could boost your coffers and help our democracy.
“Just check your local council’s website to see if it’s recruiting.”
A vote counter will have to shift through constituents ballot cards.
The verification of votes will take place from 10pm on the evening of December 12.
General Election: Who will you vote for?
8000+ VOTES SO FAR
And then following the verification of votes, the count will start around 1am, Friday, 13 December.
The results of the election will be declared by the Acting Returning Officer as soon as the count has finished, which is expected to be around 6am on Friday morning.
It comes after the money expert urged Nectar Card holders to take note of the Sainsbury’s loyalty scheme event and use their points now.
This is because Sainsbury’s is running a Double Up event , starting next week.
- Martin Lewis on how to get broadband and line rental for £12 a month all in
- General election 2019: Boris Johnson vows to 'forge a new Britain'
- Sir Keir Starmer hints he would bring back EU free movement at next general election as voting in Labour leadership contest gets underway
- General election 2019: Tory and Labour spending plans 'not credible' - IFS
- Israel bans right-wing candidate from general election
- Martin Lewis calls for publishers to act over fake news ads
- Irish general election: Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil leaders to meet
- Sir Keir Starmer hints he would bring back EU free movement at next general election
- General election: Voters identify with Leave or Remain - not political parties
- VMware: Fiscal 4Q Earnings Snapshot
- Antares Pharma: 4Q Earnings Snapshot
- Believe it or not, the Tories could grab Scottish seats: CHRIS DEERIN explains how the election will answer the two questions on which the survival of the Union depends
- Netanyahu’s Likud Party Sued by 20 Israelis Over Election App Data Leaks
- Super Tuesday was the most important day in the race to become Donald Trump's opponent so far. Here's what happened
- Election winner: It would be unfair to blame us for other parties’ low vote share
- UNC student group: Investigation of election offer needed
- Martin Marietta: 4Q Earnings Snapshot
- Conroe special election draws hefty field of candidates for May 2 ballot
- 'Stop behaving like bloody children. We've got an election to win': New evidence of the feuds behind Labour's meltdown - and the moment an aide read the riot act to Miliband, Balls and Douglas Alexander
- Universal Health Services: 4Q Earnings Snapshot
Martin Lewis on how you can earn £135 on the day of the General Election have 524 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at November 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.