MANCHESTER UNITED are so keen to land scoring sensation Erling Haaland — they are willing to loan him back to Red Bull Salzburg.
According to reports, United want to get the transfer over the line in January to ward off interest from Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Juventus.
The 6ft 4in hotshot striker Haaland has bagged 26 goals in 18 appearances this season — including seven in four Champions League games.
According to the Mirror, United are willing to let the striker, 19, stay in Austria for the rest of this season and join them in the summer.
Haaland has bagged FIVE hat-tricks this season, including one in the Champions League.
He is currently on international duty with Norway, who play Malta on Monday and are still in the mix to qualify for Euro 2020.
Solskjaer does not want United to pay more than £85million for the forward — but is confident he would fit in perfectly with the club’s youthful revolution.
Juventus are also interested in the teen — and have been tipped to make a move, making him Cristiano Ronaldo’s long-term replacement.
The similarities with United legend Ruud van Nistelrooy are obvious and the transfer tug-of-war over his signature bear striking similarities to the Dutchman.
MAN UTD NEWS
Man Utd news LIVE – Latest updates from Old Trafford
FRED BEARS ALL
Man Utd midfielder Fred feeds a BEAR during trip to the zoo on Dubai holiday
Furious Man Utd fans turn on Gary Neville after he defends hated Glazers
LA TO LA LA LAND
Zlatan ‘wants £215k a week for Serie A return’ as AC and Bologna lead hunt
RONNIE’S PAUL PARTY
Ronaldo gives Juventus OK in Pogba deal as they battle for United star
Van der Sar hands Man Utd director blow as he signs four-year Ajax deal
I HAVE A DREAM
Utd and Spurs target Fernandes admits he ‘dreams’ of leaving Sporting Lisbon
‘LAND OF MORNING GLORY
Erling sleeps with 5 hat-trick balls and says they’re ‘girlfriends’
RB Salzburg put £85m price tag on Man Utd and Real Madrid target Haaland
GUNNAR GET JAD
Man Utd lining up move for Jadon Sancho after his troubles at Dortmund
Solskjaer is unlucky that Haaland signed for Salzburg just three months before he took over at Old Trafford… having been Molde boss when the Norwegian club agreed the deal to sell him.
But those links could help United smooth over a deal for the player.
Not forgetting the awkward history of Roy Keane’s infamous challenge on his dad Alf Inge Haaland when Manchester City played United in April 2001.
- Red Bull Salzburg boss criticised for early celebrations in Liverpool loss
- Knee strain means Thierry Henry will miss Red Bulls' matchup with David Beckham and L.A. Galaxy
- Erling Haaland makes Liverpool joke about his Anfield goal in Champions League loss
- Man Utd flop Alexis Sanchez ‘regrets’ signing for Red Devils over Man City
- Hirving Lozano to Man Utd: PSV star ASKS Javier Hernandez about £30m Old Trafford move
- Man Utd news: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer axing ONE player proved his transfer plans - Ferdinand
- AZ Alkmaar vs Man Utd LIVE: Line ups confirmed, Europa League team news and fixtures
- Man Utd transfer news: Gareth Bale plan SCRAPPED due to emergence of ONE player
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals his first thought after taking over at Man Utd
- Andy Cole KNOWS how to beat Barcelona - and wants Man Utd to use this game plan