Malin Andersson made Love Island history when she was voted off the show in 2016 – only to be invited back to confront boyfriend Terry Walsh in what we can only describe as TV gold.
But now the reality star has come clean and admitted the whole scenario was 'fake' and completely 'set up'.
Malin and The Circle 's Ella May appeared on BBC Radio 1's The Reality Tea Podcast with Raj and Pilar, where they opened up about their struggles with body confidence, Love Island, and even shared their thoughts on Caroline Flack 's new show The Surjury.
The mental health campaigner revealed that she didn't actually want to go back on the show to confront her boyfriend at the time, who had already cracked on with the new girl Emma-Jane Woodhams.
'Do you know what? It's fake confidence. This is why reality TV is not reality. It's absolutely bull, it's bulls***. It's fake. Everything is a stunt, it's not what you think,' she began.
Radio 1's Raj then questioned: 'Was that produced, then?'
Malin agreed, responding: 'Yeah, and I got asked to come back in to confront him. I didn't really want to, I was like I couldn't be bothered. And I was like, you know, I did a bit of acting.
'Pretend I'm angry. I couldn't give a s*** about him.'
The duo also made it very clear that they're not keen on the concept of having two Love Island shows.
Malin raged: 'It's silly, ridiculous. It's going to get too much. People are going to get bored of it.
Ella exclaimed that the reality show isn't built to last, and added: 'I think they have a shelf life, Love Island, because of the fact they refuse to [diversify] – I mean, even like sexuality.
'There's such a spectrum of sexuality now, it's such a big deal. People are gay, people are pansexual, there's such a huge spectrum. It's just this heterosexual nonsense.'
'That's why I was really keen to do The Circle because they were very conscious of having everyone from an age perspective,' she added. 'You had people from 18 to 62, body shapes, gender, sexuality.'
Got a showbiz story?
- Love Island’s Ollie Williams faked his reason for quitting the ITV show, suggests Olivia Attwood
- Love Island's Olivia Attwood and Luisa Zissman hint Ollie Williams was 'pushed' out of the show amid fan claims his shock exit was a 'COVER UP'
- Malin Andersson reveals she felt ‘ugly’ and ‘fat’ when no one picked her on Love Island and begs fans not to troll stars
- Love Island finalists: Babies, cheating and tragedy - here's what came next
- Who has slept with who on Love Island? Villa sex scandals revealed
- Love Island's Malin Andersson recalls feeling 'ugly and fat' when no one coupled up with her... as she urges fans not to troll new Islanders
- Love Island's steamiest moments - sex marathons, public romps and saucy massages
- Love Island's Malin Andersson tells fans of the show not to be 'fooled' by the 'skinny and fit' contestants in upcoming series as she shares empowering body confidence snap
- Love Island FIRST LOOK: Ollie is branded a LIAR by raging Paige amid row over Siannise... in scenes filmed just hours before he QUIT the show
- EXCLUSIVE: Love Island winner Amber Gill weighs in on the show's latest race row, her 'non-existent love life' and new host Laura Whitmore
- Caroline Flack STANDS DOWN from her £1.2million a year Love Island job to avoid 'detracting attention from the upcoming series' after being charged with assault
- New Love Island bombshells are X Factor star's son and Justin Bieber wannabe
- Love Island's Mike Boateng left job as police officer as he was 'better at chasing girls than criminals' and 'used the uniform to chat up women'
- Love Island's Olivia Buckland and Alex Bowen wedding: Geordie Shore star Sophie Kasaei BREAKS 'no phones' rule to share a video of Essex venue
- Olivia Attwood suggests Love Island’s Ollie faked his reason for quitting the show
- Love Island’s Jess and Eve’s dad defends twins against trolls saying they’ve ‘fought more over a T-shirt than Callum’
- Love Island Ollie Williams’ family home ‘is under 24-hour guard as animal lovers target Cornwall estate’
- The biggest reality scandals of all time- from Roxanne Pallett 'punch' to Jade Goody race row
- Maura Higgins and Curtis Pritchard announced as NTA hosts amid 'fake love' claims
- Peter Kay reveals he is set to make a Phoenix Nights film during rare public appearance
Malin Andersson claims Love Island row with Terry Walsh was ‘fake’ and a ‘set-up’ have 870 words, post on metro.co.uk at November 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.