A Hoshiarpur resident was booked for allegedly raping his Facebook friend on the pretext of marrying her. The accused was identified as Karanvir Singh of Garhshankar in Hoshiarpur.The complainant, aged 29, told the police that she is a divorcee and had befriended the accused in November last year through Facebook. “He promised to marry me and accept my child from my previous husband. Later, when I got pregnant, he refused to marry me and after some days, I had a miscarriage.”The victim had lodged the complaint in May and a case was registered after conducting inquiry, said police.She had preserved a part of the foetus to match the DNA of Singh, she added.The accused, however, did not turn up for medical checkup following which a case under Sections 376 (rape), 417 (cheating) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) was registered at Division number 6 police station. Assistant sub-inspector (ASI) Sulkhan Singh said a manhunt has been initiated to nab the accused.
- Netflix Social lets you share what you watch with Facebook friends
- Pipe brings untraceable 1GB file sharing to Facebook friends
- Juror gets caught adding female defendant to Facebook friend’s list
- Facebook friend finder leads to bigamy charge for Washington man
- Facebook nabs interactive digital book publisher Push Pop Press
- Your Facebook friend is secretly jealous of your vacation in Hawaii
- One Million Facebook Friends For New ‘Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood’ Map
- Kaptur your memorable events into a digital album with help from your Facebook friends
- Once More Unto the Privacy Breach, Dear Facebook Friends?
- Facebook Friends Court to Argue 1st Amendment Protects 'Likes'
Ludhiana: Facebook friend rapes woman, booked have 265 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.