…Hands commission 24 hours ultimatum By Dirisu Yakubu & Glory Odizuru, Abuja Ahead of the November 16 governorship election in Kogi state, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has charged the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to end what it called its apparent tilt towards underhandedness in the electoral processes leading to balloting. This is as the party said the umpire’s “failure to openly inform stakeholders on the election modalities, particularly the use of card readers, the mode of accreditation, voting, as well as collation, transmission and declaration of election results from the polling units to the final declaration, raises questions on the sincerity of the commission to deliver a credible election.” ALSO READ: Bayelsa/Kogi Guber Elections: Vote-buying, violence, flood our fears — YIAGA AFRICA In a statement issued by the party’s spokesman, Kola Ologbondiyan on Tuesday, the PDP noted that “such suppression of vital information ahead of this crucial election heightens public suspicion and allegations of conspiracies between INEC and the All Progressives Congress, APC, to muddle up and manipulate the electoral processes to favour the APC.” It warned that that the situation is already generating tension in the state, “given the insistence of the people for a transparent, free and… Read full this story
- New Orleans City Council credit card spending may have broken law, audit finds
- Stephanie Grace: Why LaToya Cantrell's credit card usage 'is a shoo-shoo'
- Georgia Governor’s Race Still Unsettled After Claim of Victory by Brian Kemp
- Voting Problems Crop Up as Americans Go to the Polls
- Voting problems surface as Americans go to the polls
- E-lection Day? Why online voting is not yet an option
- Commission race sparks a new round of bad behavior in scandal-prone North Bay Village
- THE NOONER for 10-18-18
- THE NOONER for 10-09-18
- THE NOONER for 10-10-18
Kogi Guber: PDP faults INEC on card readers, election procedures have 293 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at November 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.