Jeremy Corbyn was today accused of a ‘desperate’ attempt to deflect from his anti-Semitism crisis by using Theresa May’s civil service trade talks with the US to blast Boris Johnson for planning to sell the NHS to Donald Trump. At a press conference, the Labour leader brandished over 400 pages of unredacted minutes from meetings between UK and US government officials. He hailed the spool of documents as proof the Prime Minister had put the health service on the table in a post-Brexit free trade agreement. But he was met with a rigorous rebuff from the Conservatives, whose International Trade Secretary Liz Truss said: ‘The NHS will not be on the table in any future trade deal and the price that the NHS pays for drugs will not be on the table. ‘This sort of conspiracy theory fuelled nonsense is not befitting of the leader of a major political party.’ The roundtable meetings outlined in the papers took place during Ms May’s premiership between July 2017 and July 2018. Mr Johnson has since overhauled the cabinet, replacing the ministers and vowing to never involve the NHS in a bargain with Washington. Yet as election campaigning was ramped up, Mr Corbyn… Read full this story
- The Latest: 2 Paris climate talks marches banned
- Any trade of Ryan Howard is a winning trade (for the Phillies)
- How will each MLB team approach the non-waiver trade deadline?
- The Latest: Interior Ministry condemns inter-faith violence
- The Latest: UN resolutions to address Islamic State
- The Latest: Video of restaurant shooting posted online
- Failure to extend Scherzer suggests end of Tigers’ blank-check approach
- The Latest: Paris man writes letter to his wife’s killers
- The Latest: Belgian minister can’t confirm main suspect died
- The Latest: Russia circulates UN resolution draft on IS
Jeremy Corbyn's dodgy NHS dossier: Labour leader presents year-old preliminary trade talk documents that have been floating around on Reddit as 'proof' the health service is for sale. So what do they REALLY say? have 288 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 27, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.