close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for Nov. 1 Fox News Flash top headlines for Nov. 1 are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com When news broke last month that Iran officials had cut the fingers of one of their citizens after being found guilty of theft, it served as a grim reminder that the regime is built on a heavy-handed and repressive apparatus that enforces strict adherence to Islamic law. Should the law be broken, Iranians potentially face severe, cruel and inhuman punishment. WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT Amputation Authorities carry out the court-ordered amputation of the fingers of a convicted thief in a public square in the southern Iranian city of Shiraz, Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013. (AP) Cruel and inhumane punishments such as amputations are imposed by Iranian courts for crimes like theft, also punishable by flogging.Amnesty International recently reported that Iranian authorities cut off the hand of a man in prison accused of stealing. The government claims that the Iranian people welcome such punishments for those who disrupt public order without acknowledging the domestic movement to abolish the practice or the vast condemnation from the international community. EUROPEAN LAWMAKERS DEMAND SANCTIONS ON IRAN FOR HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES Flogging Many different crimes can… Read full this story
- The rhetoric and reality of capital punishment
- Iran Says 'There Will Be No Trace' of Saudi Arabia's Royal Family Within Next 10 Years
- UN urges Iran restraint amid reports of high protester death toll
- U.S. imposes sanctions on two Iranian judges for 'oppression'
- Syria Prepares for Massive Offensive as U.S. Votes for New Sanctions on Assad, Russia and Iran
- US to Impose Sanctions on Russia Over Support of Assad - Envoy to UN Haley
- Queensland Government axes plans for partnership with Royal Brunei Airlines
- Muslim Countries Reveal How They Will Tackle US Sanctions Threat
- What Is Saudi Arabia Going to Do With Its Arms Buildup?
- God save Nigeria from another sectarian war
How Iran imposes strict adherence to Islamic law with severe, inhuman punishment have 313 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.