HONG KONG – The Hong Kong police said on Sunday that they have arrested over 200 people involved in the unlawful assemblies and violence on Saturday, and seized offensive weapons including 188 petrol bombs. As of 1 am Sunday, over 200 people were arrested for offenses of unlawful assembly, possession of offensive weapon, criminal damage, and using facial covering while at an unlawful assembly, the police said in a statement. Besides, the Organized Crime and Triad Bureau arrested four men and a woman on Saturday for possession of offensive weapon. In the operations, the police seized weapons including 188 petrol bombs, several extendable batons and pepper sprays. Massive violent and vandalistic acts occurred in various districts on Hong Kong Island and in Kowloon following unlawful assemblies on Saturday afternoon. Rioters blocked a number of thoroughfares, set fires to barricades, and hurled petrol bombs, bricks and hard objects at police officers. Some rioters extensively vandalized and burnt selected shops and damaged mass transit railway (MTR) facilities in an organized manner. Some rioters even attacked passers-by, and placed nails on roads, threatening the safety of road users and residents nearby. The police strongly condemned the rioters’ violent and vandalistic acts which completely… Read full this story
- Hong Kong police report seizures of explosives from suspected rioters
- Hong Kong leader's policy address abandoned as lawmakers say she has 'blood on her hands'
- Hong Kong protest organizer attacked with hammers and knives
- Lam abandons speech as Hong Kong lawmakers say she has 'blood on her hands'
- Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam is forced to halt her hour-long annual speech just TWO MINUTES after it began due to protests from pro-democracy politicians
- Violent Pro-China ‘Triad’ Mob Attacks Hong Kong Protesters, No Arrests Made
- Protesters Come Out for Pro-Democracy NBA Exec Morey: ‘Hong Kong Lives Also Matter’
- Hong Kong Announces Ban on Masks and Face Paint That Helps Protesters Evade Facial Recognition
- Chaos in Hong Kong chamber over violent attack on activist
- Why the Protests in Hong Kong May Have No End in Sight
Hong Kong police arrest over 200 people, seize 188 petrol bombs in Saturday's violence have 324 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at November 3, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.