When it comes to those three past times, it’s all in the timing. It may be Thursday, but for many, Black Friday shopping starts today.
Kmart is leading the way, opening its doors at 6 a.m. on turkey day. Other retailers have followed suit – Bed Bath & Beyond, Best Buy, Kohl’s and Walmart will all be open today as they try to grab the attention of eager shoppers.
With a late Thanksgiving, there are fewer days to bag those bargains before Christmas. Still, the National Retail Federation estimates Black Friday will be the busiest in-store shopping day of the year.
When it comes to area shoppers, they could go either way.
“The excitement, the sales,” one woman said.
“We definitely have a tradition. We have turkey and then we head out. It’s a grouping, we section it off – you go here, we go there,” Shirley Lopez, of Piscataway, told CBS2.
“It could be dangerous in there, too. You see people pushing each other over,” said Kenrick Wolf, of Bedford-Stuyvesant.
“People should understand if they need to buy a gift specifically for this time of year or if they can wait until January, and then they’re going to have clearance sales on leftovers,” President of Total Merchant Resources Val Pinkhasov said.
As CBS2’s Tara Jakeway reported around 6 a.m., people have already started showing up at the Kmart in White Plains.
- Walmart early Black Friday sale: Rare discounts on Mario and Zelda Switch games
- Fanatics’ early Black Friday deals are live
- Nebraska-Iowa game on Black Friday will return for good after 2021, Bill Moos says
- Kohl's Black Friday Deals: PS4, Xbox One, and Switch Sales With Nice Bonuses
- Microsoft Shares Sneak Peek At Its Black Friday 2019 Deals
- Texas Toyota dealer has tradition of selling cars for a buck on Black Friday
- Get your Black Friday on with a Blipshift holiday sale
- Chicago Cubs score early, hang on to beat Padres
- Oh Good, Thieves’ Tool of Choice for Opening Your Car Is on Sale for Black Friday Too
- Mystery Shoppers Rank Tesla Dead Last for Sales Effectiveness Again
- Neymar scores early goal as PSG starts season with 3-0 win
- November U.S. Car & Truck Sales Up 9% Overall, Led By GM & Chrysler
- INDIA SALES ANALYSIS: December 2016
- Seven talking points from Wallabies vs All Blacks Bledisloe 1
- New-car sales for November 2017: Winners and losers
- No. 7 Black Hills snaps No. 2 Tumwater’s nine-year league winning streak in Pioneer Bowl win
- Friday 5: Here’s how to address NASCAR’s ‘issue with star power’
- Eight teams on track for early exits in World Cup
- 2018 Dell Technologies Championship leaderboard: Live coverage, golf scores, Tiger Woods score, Round 1
- Rockies Insider: Bud Black cracks a cold one after losing series in Philly, but the manager’s faith isn’t wavering
Holiday Shoppers Head Out To Score Early Black Friday Sales have 482 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.