A domestic violence advocate has been blasted over claims firefighters trying to bring Australia’s bushfire crisis under control will return home to beat their partners. Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday where domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody made the extraordinary claim. ‘After a cataclysmic event like this, domestic violence peaks,’ Ms Moody said on Wednesday afternoon as Senator Waters watched on. ‘Women become extremely unsafe when, generally, the men return home from the fires and subject them to domestic violence.’ A domestic violence advocate has claimed that firefighters battling devastating Australian bushfires will return home to beat their partners (pictured: Firefighters battle a spot fire in Hillville) Ms Moody, the head of the Red Heart Campaign against domestic violence, took to Facebook to double down on her claims. ‘What happens when domestic violence perpetrators finish their work on the frontline of a major crisis? They abuse women in their lives – harder than they ever have,’ she wrote. ‘I am not saying every firefighter, emergency service responder or victim of this crisis is a perpetrator.’ The Greens are now distancing themselves from Ms Moody after widespread backlash. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Domestic violence charity White Ribbon… Read full this story
- Firefighters battle a smoky blaze in Albany
- Cohoes firefighters battle Main Street blaze
- New Haven firefighters battle Elm Street blaze.
- Firefighters Battle 2-Alarm Blaze
- Needham firefighters battle 5-alarm blaze
- Area firefighters battle 2-alarm blaze on Elm Street in Hatfield
- Firefighters battling 8-alarm blaze in Natick
- New Haven firefighters battle multi-story blaze at mosque
- Firefighters battle 9-alarm blaze in Boston’s Lower Mills
- Firefighters battle 6,000-acre blaze in Colorado
Greens are slammed over extraordinary claims firefighters battling Australia's devastating blazes will return home to BASH their partners have 272 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.