Grace Millane’s alleged killer told another Tinder date that police dogs could not smell dead bodies deep underground. The defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, went on the date while the British backpacker lay dead in his hotel room in Auckland, New Zealand, a court heard. The 27-year-old defendant is currently on trial over the murder of Grace, although he claims she died by accident during rough sex. A former journalist told the jury today that the accused made her feel ‘uncomfortable’ on their Tinder date, resulting in her telling him she did not want to see him again. She met the defendant in a bar in the trendy Auckland suburb of Ponsonby on December 2 last year. In the previous hours, the man had bought a large suitcase in which he buried Grace’s body in remote woodland the next day, having strangled her during sex, according to the prosecutor. The defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, had also been busy buying cleaning products to get rid of her blood from his carpet. At the same time, from before 8am, he was texting the woman to finalise their date that afternoon. But when the woman arrived… Read full this story
- Grace Millane: Body found in British backpacker murder investigation
- Murdered backpacker Grace Millane's father took part in a Maori blessing at site where her body was found in New Zealand
- 'Don't take my sunshine away': Brother's tribute to Grace Millane
- Police are looking for a shovel involved with the murder of 22-year-old backpacker Grace Millane in New Zealand
- The accused murderer of backpacker Grace Millane has appeared in court, but it's illegal to report who he is
- Grace Millane: Disappearance of British backpacker being investigated as murder
- Prosecutors: N.J. man admits to fatal beating with baseball bat, burying body in backyard
- Dating App Grindr reportedly lays off editorial staffers of LGBT publication INTO in a pivot to video
- Dating App Grindr reportedly lays off entire editorial staff of LGBT publication 'INTO' in a pivot to video
- Adele: 'I don't let body image issues rule my life'
Grace Millane 'killer talked to date about burying bodies as backpacker lay dead' have 351 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.