Nigel Farage has come to the defence of the United Kingdom’s heritage, lambasting Labour Party proposals to ‘audit’ the past, saying that people should stop apologising for Britain’s history and look to the future instead. Brexit Party Leader Nigel Farage, while campaigning in Peterborough, called for a return to forward-thinking rather than staying mired down in arguments over the past.“I think if we obsess about the past, different times and different cultures, it can be very difficult to move forward. So I think some of this stuff is just not helpful. I don’t think I should apologise for what people did 300 years ago. It was a different world, a different time,” said Mr Farage in comments reported by The Telegraph. “You could apply that argument to any civilisation, any country and we seem to be terribly keen to apologise for the past and a bit less worried about creating a good future,” he concluded. As to the question of how the history of Colonial Britain should be taught in schools, Mr Farage said: “If you want to get into British empires, you can compare the British empire with the Belgian empire, the German empire, you compare it with the Spanish empire,… Read full this story
- Today’s political leaders are all in Winston Churchill’s shadow, say voters
- Police say they're 'fed-up' of being accused of racism for 'just doing their jobs': Union urges Met to release Dawn Butler bodycam video so PUBLIC can decide what happened - as Boris denies force is 'institutionally racist'
- Ministers look at Australian-style plan to 'push-back' migrants vessels leaving France while Border Force pleads with Royal Navy to step in to help - as toddler is plucked from a boat in the Channel and taken to Dover today
- Ahoy! Distress voyeur Farage is sea-perving – while terrified Johnson tacks towards him
- Mayor of Calais says Britain has 'declared maritime war' on France after Priti Patel called for Navy to police Channel as another 30 migrants made crossing in four boats
- Top Met cop says officers who stopped car carrying MP Dawn Butler didn’t know occupants were black because the windows were TINTED as he condemns trial by social media
- Robin DiAngelo: How 'white fragility' supports racism and how whites can stop it
- Lewis Hamilton fears his tyres could explode and warns he ‘won’t push’ them in 70th Anniversary Grand Prix
- Fury over Boris Johnson's plan to pause shielding from tomorrow as experts say it can't be safe to let vulnerable Britons return to work if bowling alleys and casinos can't open yet
- 'This is not going to lead to better outcomes for people of color': Black Portland police chief calls for violence to stop on 70th night of protest - and more than 400 arrests since May
Farage Says Stop ‘Apologising’ for the Past as Corbyn Pushes Reparations have 457 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.