SOUTH AFRICA TOUR OF INDIA, 2019 by Kaushik Rangarajan & Prakash Govindasreenivasan • Published on ShareTweet Can Rohit Sharma succeed as a Test opener? © Getty India’s first Test assignment in the 2019-20 home season sees them take on a South African side that certainly doesn’t look as strong as some of the previous squads to have visited these shores. Can Aiden Markram and Kagiso Rabada step up and prove the doubters wrong? Will Rohit Sharma finally nail down a Test spot in his new role? Kaushik and Prakash discuss the talking points ahead of the series. Q: India are playing a Test match at home after what feels like an eternity. How do they recalibrate in terms of team combinations? A: It’s tricky. KL Rahul may have inadvertently solved their perennial ‘do we pick Rohit Sharma in Tests?’ dilemma, but they have to move away from their usual five-bowler ploy that Virat Kohli swears by. Unless, he – unfairly – opts to put the ‘find of the series’ from India’s recent tour of Caribbean on the bench once again. After a middling Test debut [a duck and a half-century] in England, Hanuma Vihari had to make way so Kohli… Read full this story
- India Vs South Africa, 2nd Test: Mayank slams brilliant ton, Kohli-Pujara hit fifties on Day 1 - As it happened
- Special Air India flight with stranded Indians from virus-hit Wuhan to leave for home on February 1
- Budget 2020:'India needs a mindset shift; must push for POSH, post-maternity care'
- India vs New Zealand, 4th T20I: Preview, Dream11, Fantasy tips, Probable XI, Live Telecast, Live Streaming
- Did Textile Industry Get New Lifeline With Proposed Steps During India's National Budget?
- India gears to evacuate around 300 from Coronavirus-hit China, isolation wards in NCR on standby
- What 6 resolutions in European Parliament on CAA mean for India-EU relations
- In a first, UK may extradite suspected bookie Sanjeev Chawla to India in February
- ‘We don’t want to do anything to jeopardise the security of India’:Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa
- Virus footprint grows; 11 isolated across India
Chatter: India's home recalibration and the Markram expectation have 337 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at November 28, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.