Fort Dodge, Iowa (CNN)Joe Biden’s fundraising slowed so much that allies launched a super PAC. He’s slipped in the polls enough to drop from Democratic 2020 front-runner into what’s now a three-way top tier. And he’s faced relentless personal attacks from President Donald Trump. But the former vice president has one asset other Democrats don’t: Polls, both nationwide and in the early states, continue to show that a plurality of voters continue to say they see him as the party’s most electable candidate. Biden is seen by 42% of likely Democratic voters nationally as the most electable candidate compared to Warren’s 20%, a Quinnipiac University poll released last week found — even as that poll showed Warren with a seven-point lead over Biden. That view has left Biden with a core group of supporters that is so far proving stickier than many Democratic activists and rival campaigns expected — unmoved by his occasional gaffes and the backlash he has at times faced on the Twittersphere. Over one of the most important weekends in the lead-up to 2020, Biden’s challenge is to make sure voters here in the Hawkeye State. where he is currently in the middle of a four-day swing,… Read full this story
- Amy McGrath was at a Wendy's when her phone rang. It was Joe Biden. Here's what he said.
- Former veep Joe Biden endorses congressional candidate Ken Harbaugh
- They're famous. They're cool. They're fictional detectives. They're Obama and Biden?
- Former U.S. and European Leaders Start Group to Fight Election Hacking
- Hillary Clinton “wants to be helpful” to Democrats. Can she?
- Hillary Clinton blames another group for her election loss
- Feds rightly say 'no way' to Iowa's nursing home scheme
- Grassley: Supreme Court seat will be left open until after election if vacant in 2020
- John McCain, battling brain cancer, tells Biden to stay in politics
- Donald Trump’s Attacks on the Justice System Are Helping This Ex-Con Coal Baron’s Campaign
Can Joe Biden's electability argument help him hang on in Iowa? have 322 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.