By SIMON MBURU More by this Author A baby should follow soon after a couple gets married, at least from society’s point of view. Sometimes, though, the baby takes a long time to come, and in some cases, the baby does not come at all. In both these scenarios, the blame or the sympathy is often directed at the woman, but what many forget is that behind every struggle to conceive is an expectant man suffering in silence because men are expected to be stoic in the face of adversity. This week, we have a chat with two men who lay bare their souls on what it is like to be a childless couple in Kenya, a society that equates marriage to children. Stephen Musembi and Abigael Wambui have been married for 12 years; they are yet to get a child“I am a pastor. Abigael and I met in church in Zimmerman, Nairobi, in 2004. At the time, I was a youth leader and a budding minister. Also Read We need to rebuild and nurture love within the family unit Developers turning to green infrastructure to woo buyers CAR CLINIC: Which one of these two would make the best matatu?… Read full this story
- Should the age of marriage for women be raised to 21?
- After marriage, LGBT activists prepare for next challenge
- When marriage is less than sacred
- Ant and Dec SPLIT UP in the midst of Ant McPartlin’s rehab and marriage woes
- All the signs Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries' marriage was a publicity stunt
- 'I Taught Kerry Washington—Seeing Former Students Thrive Is a Joy'
- Napster buyer bets on VR gigs as music streaming thrives in lockdown
- Sadie Robertson on how faith has guided her through fame, marriage and the pandemic
- 'I'm celebrating Father's Day with my family thanks to stranger who gave me his lungs'
- Tearful George Conway calls Trump 'evil' and 'racist beyond any question' in footage released as his wife Kellyanne quits White House for sake of family after their 15-year-old daughter said she wants 'emancipation'
Can a marriage thrive in the midst of childlessness? have 334 words, post on www.nation.co.ke at November 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.