IMAGE: DDCA president Rajat Sharma. Photograph: BCCI Rajat Sharma on Monday took charge of the office of president of Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) along with other officials and said that the association is now working smoothly. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Ravikant Chopra, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) PC Vaish, GM, Cricket Operations, Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) members Yashpal Sharma and Sunil Valson also took the charge on Monday after taking back their resignations. Sharma told ANI: “Along with me, CEO, CFO, GM, Operations and members of the Cricket Advisory Committee have taken back their resignations. Now the DDCA is functioning smoothly.” Sharma stated that he reconsidered the decision so that the cricket in Delhi should be run in a transparent and professional manner. “Yesterday Justice (Retired) Badar Durrez Ahmed said that he has refused to accept my resignation and said — I, CEO, CFO and GM, Operations — must resume their works for the interest and welfare of cricketers of Delhi. Hence I assumed the office,” said Sharma. “Today, Directors of DDCA met me in the office and asked me to reconsider my decision so that cricket in Delhi should continue in a transparent and professional manner. I accepted… Read full this story
- Rajat Gupta, ex-Goldman Sachs and Procter & Gamble director, surrenders on insider trading charges
- ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1’ takes box office for third weekend straight
- Preview: Media Buzz Tackles "The Newsroom"
- CNN boss Jeff Zucker says Roger Ailes' Fox News is just a GOP house channel
- U.S. warplanes buzz Yemen as State Dept. evacuates staff from embassy following 'extremely high' threats of violence
- Justice Story: Standing stakeout at John Gotti’s house — and living to tell the tale
- Carriage horse banged up in crash with car and motorcycle at Columbus Circle
- Bruce Springsteen dedicates song to Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara at Hartford, Conn., concert
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer sparks maternity leave debate among working moms as she announces she's expecting twins
- Wilmington police pull West Center City back together 1 family at a time
Buzz: DDCA boss Rajat Sharma back in office have 333 words, post on www.rediff.com at November 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.