Beto O’Rourke announced Friday he is dropping his presidential bid after his campaign spiraled into a free fall despite his shooting out of the starting gate. ‘Our campaign has always been about seeing clearly, speaking honestly, and acting decisively. In that spirit: I am announcing that my service to the country will not be as a candidate or as the nominee,’ he tweeted. O’Rourke, 47, vowed to support the eventual nominee and work to defeat Donald Trump next year. There are now 18 Democrats left in the campaign. ‘We will work to ensure that the Democratic nominee is successful in defeating Donald Trump in 2020. ‘I can tell you firsthand from having the chance to know the candidates, we will be well served by any one of them, and I’m going to be proud to support whoever she or he is,’ he wrote. Over and out: Beto O’Rourke quit as his campaign bled cash and his poll support hit just 1 per cent O’Rourke shot to Democratic stardom with his failed bid to take down Texas Senator Ted Cruz in 2018. He began his presidential campaign like a rock star – with a cover on Vanity Fair and a presumed front… Read full this story
- Dominion security chief SUES Trump campaign, Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, OANN and Newsmax for defamation over claim he rigged the election and says he has been forced into hiding by death threats
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies with her family around her at home after succumbing to pancreatic cancer at 87 after saying: 'My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed'
- Biden tears into Trump for refusing to accept the 'will of the people', calls his 'extreme' fraud claims an 'assault on democracy', says he won by a landslide and tells US 'it's time to turn the page'
- Roger Stone says he found out about his pardon from watching Fox News as he thanks Donald Trump and is granted clemency along with 28 others including Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner's father who hired a prostitute to seduce his brother-in-law
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 16 (Updated hourly)
- Mitch McConnell finally admits Donald Trump has LOST as he congratulates Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, saying 'the Electoral College has spoken' - but president instead tweets that he WON
- Reality bites for Republicans as senators FINALLY admit Joe Biden is president-elect - but Lindsey Graham says there is still 'a very narrow path' for Donald Trump to stay president
- Rudy's star witness Melissa Carone says Trump is the 'best president we've ever' had as she speaks at 'Stop the Steal' rally after Proud Boys leader visited the White House for Christmas tour
- Does London REALLY need to be in Tier Three? Only one of the capital's NHS trusts is busier than it was last winter - and just 25 Covid deaths are occurring each day (an EIGHTH of the levels seen in April during the peak of the pandemic)
- Republicans REFUSE to give Trump the $2,000 relief checks he demanded and say they won't sign up to Pelosi's plan for Christmas Eve deal - setting up crisis which could shut down government
BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.' have 520 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.