New Delhi: Guar gum prices rose by Rs 81 to Rs 7,785 per five quintal in futures trade on Friday as investors created fresh bets on firm spot demand. On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, guar gum contracts for November rose by Rs 81, or 1.05 per cent, to Rs 7,785 per five quintal with an open interest of 18,065 lots. Besides, guar gum for December delivery advanced by Rs 73, or 0.93 per cent, to Rs 7,894 per five quintal with an open interest of 43,400 lots. Restricted arrivals from growing regions aided the rise in guar gum future prices, traders said. Guar seed Guar seed prices on Friday rose Rs 35.5 to Rs 4,109.5 per 10 quintal in futures trade after participants widened their holdings, driven by a firm trend at the spot market. On the National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, guar seed for November contracts advanced by Rs 35.5, or 0.87, to Rs 4,109.5 per 10 quintal with an open interest of 69,050 lots. Similarly, guar seed for December delivery gained Rs 28.5, or 0.69 per cent, to Rs 4,146 per 10 quintal in an open interest of 58,000 lots. According to marketmen, raising of bets… Read full this story
- Agri laws protests: SC hearing on Monday; farmer leader says 'prepared for sit-in till May 2024'
- Ready for alternative to agri laws repeal demand, says Centre to protesting farmers; agitators determined on Republic Day tractor march in Delhi
- Roundup: CBOT agricultural futures keep rallying
- Plotting the future: the ‘seed guardians’ bringing variety to UK gardens
- Roundup: CBOT agricultural futures in correction
- Back to the Future: Testing Out Home Robot Bartenders
- Rupee drops by 21 p to 1-week low on dollar demand
- Postpone periods: Ways to delay your periods without popping pills!
- Do the Supreme Court panel members support the farm laws?
- Pawan Goenka on lessons from Covid and vision 2021
Agri commodities: Guar gum, guar seed, mustard seed futures up on spot demand have 282 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.