Her marriage is one step closer to being over, but this actress isn’t looking too concerned.
Zooey Deschanel’s estranged husband, producer Jacob Pechenik, filed legal documents Tuesday citing ‘irreconcilable differences’ with the New Girl actress, setting in motion their divorce proceedings, according to TMZ.
The move comes just one day after Deschanel, 39, made her relationship with Jonathan Silver Scott of TV’s Property Brothers Instagram official, posing with a group of friends in which Jonathan is carrying her in his arms while they visit Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights haunted theme attraction.
Splitsville: Zooey Deschannel’s estranged husband Jacob Pechenik has officially filed for divorce. The couple are seen in happier times in 2016 above
Zooey and Jacob, who are parents to 4-year-old daughter Elsie Otter and 2-year-old son Charlie Wolf, revealed they were separating last month after four years of marriage.
In a statement in early September, the pair said, ‘After much discussion and a long period of contemplation we have decided we are better off as friends, business partners and co-parents rather than life partners.’
Zooey and Jacob first met on the set of the 2015 Bill Murray satirical comedy Rock the Kasbah, which Jacob helped produce.
Mere days after news of her marriage ending made the rounds, Zooey was spotted holding hands with Scott, 41, on September 13.
Insta-official: On Sunday night, Zooey made her relationship with Jonathan Scott even more public, via social media
Having fun: The Scott brothers were having fun on social media with Zooey’s post
Since then, the new couple have not been shy about their budding romance, with Zooey referring to it as a ‘pleasant surprise’ when she spoke to Us Weekly in mid-September.
Since then, the pair have been seen numerous times out in public, holding hands and looking very romantic.
Zooey also showed up on Jonathan’s Instagram on occasion.
Scared in a good way: More of the loved-up new couple were seen on Zooey’s Instagram account
They even made a joint public TV appearance, showing up for a taping of Dancing With The Stars.
This is the second divorce for Deschanel, who split from Death Cab for Cutie frontman Ben Gibbard in 2012 after three years of marriage.
Zooey’s Emmy- and Golden Globe-nominated series New Girl lasted seven seasons, until 2018.
To date, Zooey does not have a new project listed on her IMDb page.
- Property Brothers' J.D. Scott marries his longtime girlfriend Annalee Belle in vintage theater themed wedding on Halloween, exactly one year after engagement
- The Property Brothers' home upgrades that will elevate your space for less
- Control What Goes On Inside Zooey Deschanel’s House Party
- HGTV's 'Property Brothers' joins Meredith magazine lineup
- NFL Veteran and Businessman Jonathan Scott Brings Awareness to Psoriasis
- Lyft officially files paperwork to go public
- Sarah Palin's husband Todd files for divorce
- CBS And Paramount Have Official Guidelines For People Making “Star Trek” Fan Films
- Nine West to file for bankruptcy, sell intellectual property: Report
- Making History: Republican Sen. Tim Scott’s Journey to Re-election