A Sudanese woman living here for 13 years, and whose husband and two young children are Irish citizens, has won her appeal over being refused Irish citizenship.The three-judge Court of Appeal ruled today the then Minister for Justice’s 2016 refusal had unreasonably relied on a view taken in 2010 of absence of “good character” concerning matters which occurred several years earlier. Among various claims, the woman argued insufficient weight was given to the fact she fled Sudan in 2006 and came here with the assistance of people smugglers. Giving the Court Of Appeal (COA) judgment, Ms Justice Marie Baker noted the woman sought asylum when she arrived here in 2006 but was refused.She challenged that refusal and got a High Court order requiring that her appeal over the asylum refusal should be heard by a differently constituted Refugee Appeals Tribunal. In the meantime, the woman married her husband, also from Sudan and with refugee status here, in 2008. He got a certificate of naturalisation in 2010 and the couple have two children who were born here and are Irish citizens.Because the woman got a right of residence in 2009 based on marriage, she withdrew her appeal over asylum and applied… Read full this story
- Woman Wins Appeal to Use Dead Daughter's Frozen Eggs to Carry Her Own Grandchild
- Minnesota woman to appeal $220,000 RIAA award
- Woman Wins $1Mil in Lawsuit After Radio Station Calls Her a Porn Star
- Comcast wins! (Worst company in America)
- Is there any possible way Jesse Ventura could win the Presidency?
- 'I Was Trying To Make Myself As Genderless As Possible': A Chat With Emmy-Winning Director Reed Morano
- Sudanese Woman Sentenced to Death for Religion Gives Birth in Prison
- Wendy Carrillo Could Become the First Formerly Undocumented Woman Elected to Congress
- 'I Thought He Was Going to Rape Me': Another Woman Has Accused Roy Moore of Sexual Assault
- New US attorney general refuses to drop Microsoft foreign data warrant
Woman wins appeal over refusal of citizenship have 311 words, post on feeds.breakingnews.ie at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.