A woman has died after falling from a building in Blackpool town centre.
Paramedics attended the scene and a woman in her 40s was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital with major trauma.
Police have now confirmed that the woman has died from her injuries. Her next of kin have been notified.
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: “The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the Coroner.”
Witnesses reported that the woman fell from the top of the Wilko multi-storey car park in Queen Street.
Queen Street and part of Dickson Road were closed for an hour and a half whilst emergency services responded.
North West Ambulance Service said the woman had been taken to hospital in a serious condition.
Speaking shortly after the incident, an NWAS spokesman said: “We were called at 10.58am to Queen Street in Blackpool.
“We sent two ambulances, a rapid response unit and a senior clinician to the scene.
“One patient, a woman in her 40s, has been taken to the major trauma unit at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.”
- Nashik: Woman dies of 'accidental fire' in Mumbai hospital, lover arrested
- Woman dies from meningococcal after complaining of ‘stomach bug’
- A woman died after being hit by a float in New Orleans Nyx parade
- Woman dies after travelling to Turkey to undergo ‘deadly’ bum lift surgery
- Under lock and key: Town centre flat with stunning river views has sold for £1 because no-one can get to it, has ever lived in it or knows what's inside
- Mogo pop-up town centre built to help bushfire recovery for local business and community
- Woman Dies After Being Struck By Mardi Gras Float During Parade In New Orleans
- Woman dies two weeks after wrong-way crash involving a deputy U.S. Marshal on North Side
- Romeoville Woman Dies In One-Vehicle Crash
- Akeredolu pledges to build cancer treatment centre in Owo