A rapist convicted in his absence to eight years in jail for a violent assault on a woman in Hull has been brought back to the UK to face justice.
Vasile Dumitru appeared at Hull Crown Court after he was arrested in Romania and brought back to the UK under a European Arrest Warrant.
The victim met Dumitru after he picked her up whilst she was working as a sex worker in Hull in January this year. He drove her to Livingstone road where the assault took place.
The woman managed to escape the vehicle and hide from Dumitru who got out of the car and followed her before returning to the vehicle and leaving the area.
She was found by police officers a short while later walking along the A63 with no shoes on.
The judge, who praised the victims bravery, added an extra three months to Dumitru’s eight year sentence for failing to appear.
- UK: Rapist Migrant Posed as Cab Driver to Reenact ‘Fake Taxi’ Porno
- UC Berkeley employee arrested in notorious NorCal Rapist cases using genetic genealogy website
- Convicted rapist accused of sexually assaulting 5-year-old San Antonio girl
- Suspected California rapist posed as ride-hailing driver
- Transgender Rapist Moved to Men’s Jail After Sexually Assaulting Female Inmates
- Resurfaced article claims Elvis Presley was a pedophile, rapist
- Family sues Nevada jail after woman dies after being denied medical care, lawsuit says
- Child Rapist, Homicide Fugitive Arrested by Border Patrol
- Federal Jail in NYC Without Heat, Power for Days
- How to configure a FreeBSD Jail with vnet and ZFS