A rapist convicted in his absence to eight years in jail for a violent assault on a woman in Hull has been brought back to the UK to face justice.
Vasile Dumitru appeared at Hull Crown Court after he was arrested in Romania and brought back to the UK under a European Arrest Warrant.
The victim met Dumitru after he picked her up whilst she was working as a sex worker in Hull in January this year. He drove her to Livingstone road where the assault took place.
The woman managed to escape the vehicle and hide from Dumitru who got out of the car and followed her before returning to the vehicle and leaving the area.
She was found by police officers a short while later walking along the A63 with no shoes on.
The judge, who praised the victims bravery, added an extra three months to Dumitru’s eight year sentence for failing to appear.
- Hessle Foreshore rapist brought back from Romania and jailed
- The 21 people locked up in Hull in April
- The 13 evil paedophiles jailed in Hull in 2019
- The faces of 11 Hull paedophiles jailed this year
- The 4 people who have been in court in Hull this week
- Rapists, paedophiles and a murderer among 22 criminals jailed in Hull in July
- Women describe moment rapist dragged them off street into graveyard
- The 14 despicable criminals locked up in Hull in August
- These are the most violent criminals locked up in Hull this year