|Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Vu Dai Thang and VIR’s editor-in-chief Le Trong Minh granted awards to companies with the most notable M&A deals in 2018 and 2019|
After a decade of strong growth with thousands of deals of a total value of $55 billion, Vietnam’s M&A market is entering a new phase with new opportunities, helping the economy move forward. The total value of M&A deals in Vietnam reached $5.43 billion in the first seven months of 2019. It is forecasted that this can reach $7.6 billion in 2019.
M&A transactions took place with great vigour in many sectors, such as retail, consumer goods, real estate, banking-finance, and industrials.
The following list of the most notable deals and advisory firms will provide businesses and investors with a summary of the M&A activities that took place in Vietnam.
Speaking at the opening of Vietnam M&A Forum 2019 held in Ho Chi Minh City, Deputy Minister of Planning and Investment Vu Dai Thang said that in the coming time, based on the review of 30 years of FDI attraction, the Politburo will issue a resolution on the new orientation to improve institutions and policies to enhance the quality and effectiveness of attracting foreign investment by 2030.
Foreign investment continues to be an important component on equal footing with other economic sectors for long-term development and healthy competition. A plethora of positive factors are opening a new era for M&A activities in Vietnam with many opportunities to create a breakthrough, making M&A an important investment attraction channel in the future.
However, in order to truly bring about a breakthrough, Vietnam’s M&A market needs strong changes from the process of promulgating and enforcing policies to connecting activities, deal implementation, and innovation between buyers and sellers.
THE MOST NOTABLE M&A DEALS OF 2018-2019:
- Vingroup and SK Group
- SK Group and Vingroup, Masan
- Saigon Co.op and Auchan
- THACO and HAGL
- Minh Phu and Mitsui
- Hau Giang Pharmaceutical JSC and Taisho
- Vinamilk and GTN Foods
- The Pan Group and Sojitz
- SonKim Land’s capital mobilisation from strategic partners
- Gelex and Viglacera
THE MOST NOTABLE M&A ADVISORY FIRMS OF 2018-2019:
- KPMG Vietnam
- Bae, Kim & Lee Vietnam
- Baker McKenzie
- Viet Capital Securities
- RSM Vietnam
- Bao Viet Securities
- Saigon Securities Inc. (SSI)
- VPBank Securities (VPS)
- Rong Viet Securities
- Saigon-Hanoi Securities (SHS)
- PM proposes ocean data sharing at World Economic Forum 2019
- VINASA announces Sao Khue IT award winners
- BTS and Wanna One up for awards at 2018 MAMA in Hong Kong
- Indonesian student named Asia Young Designer Award winner
- Cars imports, crude oil help Vietnam customs beat 2019 revenue target
- Golden Globes Awards winners list as Emma Corrin and John Boyega lead British charge
- Sundance Film Festival Awards Winners List: ‘Coda’ Takes U.S. Grand Jury Prize & Audience Award
- ‘One Night in Miami’, ‘Judas and the Black Messiah’ Lead Nominations For 21st Annual Black Reel Awards
- Vietnam M&A Forum 2018 award winners for 2017-2018 and the decade
- Anya Taylor-Joy looks marvelous in mauve Dior Haute Couture gown as she takes home Critics' Choice award for The Queen's Gambit
- ARIA Awards 2020: Sydney duo Lime Cordiale lead with EIGHT nominations - as international acts are announced for the COVID-safe ceremony
- Vietnam Economic Forum to take place next Wednesday
- Australia’s AACTA International Awards Names ‘Promising Young Woman’ Best Film – Full List
- Chadwick Boseman Wins Critics' Choice Award for Best Actor
- Online business forum switches on
- Ton Dong A Corporation takes Vietnam Value Award
- Here Are Your 2021 Golden Globes Winners
- Natalie Portman And Producing Partner Sophie Mas Sign Apple First-Look TV Deal
- 3rd Changing Cancer Care awards begin
- Vietnam’s future is bright thanks to private sector and human resources
Vietnam M&A Forum 2019 awards winners of 2018-2019 have 612 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.