The Trump administration is planning to collect DNA samples from asylum-seekers and other migrants detained by immigration officials and will add the information to a massive FBI database used by law enforcement hunting for criminals, a Justice Department official said. The Justice Department will publish an amended regulation Monday that would mandate DNA collection for almost all migrants who cross between official entry points and are held even temporarily, according to the official. The official spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the regulation had not yet been published. The rule does not apply to legal permanent residents or anyone entering the U.S. legally. Children under 14 are exempt. It’s unclear whether asylum-seekers who come through official crossings will be exempt. A new plan by the Trump administration would mandate collection of DNA samples from asylum seekers and illegal immigrants, according to the Justice Department. President Trump is seen at the White House on Friday Homeland Security officials gave a broad outline of the plan to expand DNA collection at the border two weeks ago, but it was unclear then whether asylum-seekers would be included or when it would begin. The new policy would allow the… Read full this story
- Insurance For Illegal Immigrants!
- Illegal Immigration and the Myth of "Jobs No One Wants"
- Youth Group Fundraising Ideas
- Weighing the Risks of Illegal Immigration Around the World
- UPDATE 3-Trump administration proposes plan to raise U.S. biofuels use -EPA
- Trump administration seeks to OK logging more than half of Alaska’s Tongass National Forest
- Civil Liberties, Mental Health Care and Public Policy
- Our Immigration System is Broken - When is the Reform Coming?
- Plan Your Immigration At Every Stage
- Have A Simple Immigration Aim
Trump administration plans to collect DNA from illegal immigrants and asylum seekers to add to FBI database as civil liberties groups slam idea as 'population surveillance' have 291 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.