This is an artist’s illustration of what a Neptune-size moon would look like orbiting the gas giant exoplanet Kepler-1625b in a star system 8,000 light-years from Earth. It could be the first exomoon ever discovered. This infrared image from NASA’s Spitzer Space Telescope shows a cloud of gas and dust full of bubbles, which are inflated by wind and radiation from massive young stars. Each bubble is filled with hundreds to thousands of stars, which form from dense clouds of gas and dust. This is an artist’s impression of the path of the fast radio burst FRB 181112 traveling from a distant host galaxy to reach the Earth. It passed through the halo of a galaxy on the way. After passing too close to a supermassive black hole, the star in this artist’s conception is torn into a thin stream of gas, which is then pulled back around the black hole and slams into itself, creating a bright shock and ejecting more hot material. Comparison of GJ 3512 to the Solar System and other nearby red-dwarf planetary systems. Planets around a solar-mass stars can grow until they start accreting gas and become giant planets such as Jupiter, in a few… Read full this story
- Why India can't afford to lose the new solar race
- US government is developing a nuclear thermal rocket to send satellites into the vast 'cislunar' space between Earth and the Moon in a renewed space race with China
- How to see Venus and a crescent moon side-by-side this Thursday
- Pentagon Designing Nuclear-Powered Rocket to Beat China in New Moon Race
- Astronomers Discover Earth's New 'Mini-Moon' That Will Likely be Gone in Two Months
- NASA reveals its plans to have astronauts orbiting the moon by 2025
- Chinese space mission reveals what it's like on the farside of the moon
- Look up! Venus and the moon will 'meet' in the sky during a celestial event after the sun sets tonight
- China's artificial moon — The numbers 'just don't add up'
- Astronomers discover new moon temporarily orbiting Earth
This potential moon outside of the solar system isn't anything like ours have 331 words, post on rss.cnn.com at October 3, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.