MUMBAI: At a time when Hindu rightwing activists are breathing down the necks of video streaming services for alleged ‘antinational’ and ‘anti-Hindu’ content on their platforms, Netflix has greenlit a new animated series for preschoolers which will show Hindu Gods – Ganesha, Kali, Krishna and Saraswati – learning at deity day-care centre. The 20 episodic animated series, ‘Ghee Happy’, is brainchild of Academy Award and Annie Award-nominated director-animator-illustrator Sanjay Patel, who is best known for his work on Pixar films such as ‘Monsters Inc.’, ‘Ratatouille’, ‘Cars’, ‘Toy Story 2’ and ‘The Incredibles’ I and II. On the idea behind ‘Ghee Happy’, Patel, who was raised in the US, told ET that he got hooked on to reading Indian mythology a few years back when he came across an art book on Indian Gods. “Being a second generation Indian in US, I wasn’t exposed to Indian or Asian arts. I had seen the images of Gods in pooja area, but never knew stories behind them. I was fascinated and started making my own art book,” Patel said. He added that now that he has kids of his own, who will not otherwise get to know of Indian culture, he wanted to… Read full this story
- 'Riverdale' Season 4 Netflix Release Date: When is the New Season on Netflix?
- The dawn of the Netflix original series began a struggle for the soul of television
- Watch: Netflix Releases 'Orange Is The New Black' Season 4 Trailer
- Netflix releases official trailer for The Crown season 3 – after major blunder saw it leaked early
- TV News Roundup: Netflix Releases Trailer for Iliza Shlesinger’s ‘Unveiled’ Comedy Special
- Dolly Parton reflects on songwriting as she leads Julianne Hough and Ginnifer Goodwin in first trailer for Netflix anthology series Heartstrings
- Netflix release first shots of Henry Cavill in The Witcher as drama is dubbed ‘the next Game Of Thrones’
- Dolly Parton fans go wild as she releases trailer for new Netflix anthology series Heartstrings with all-star cast
- Netflix Releasing New Anime Documentary
- Netflix Original Series House Of Cards Is Its Most Watched Program
Soon, Netflix to release a series on Hindu Gods have 333 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.