Marika Koroibete’s sizzling solo try stole the show but the Wallabies otherwise battled to see off Georgia 27-8 in their final Rugby World Cup pool match in drenched Shizuoka. As it happened – Australia battle past Georgia Victory on Friday may have come at a cost too for the Wallabies, who lost fullback Kurtley Beale to a likely concussion, while Isi Naisarani was shown a yellow card that could yet warrant a further sanction. The match was spoiled as spectacle by rain and swirling wind, conditions which are suspected to be a precursor to Typhoon Hagibis, which is forecast to strike much of Japan on Saturday. A slippery ball didn’t stop the Wallabies attempting an enterprising brand, barely kicking the ball in general play. They had difficulty breaking down the stubborn Georgia defence in the first Test between the two nations but eventually out-scored them four tries to one. It was in the 60th minute that the match burst to life when winger Koroibete unleashed one of the tries of the tournament. His team leading by the halftime score of 10-3, the former NRL star collected a loose ball inside his own half and beat four defenders cold in a… Read full this story
- Rugby World Cup 2019 – Australia vs Wales: How to live stream Pool D fixture and watch on TV
- Rugby World Cup 2019 – Australia vs Wales: Where to watch Pool D fixture, kick-off time, team news and prediction
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Australia bring back veterans Will Genia and Bernard Foley to take on Wales
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Australia wing Reece Hodge out of pool stage after ban for high tackle
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Australia wing Reece Hodge cited for dangerous tackle on Fiji's Peceli Yato
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Australia survive early scare by battling back to beat brave Fiji
- Scotland v Samoa: Rugby World Cup 2019 – live!
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Scotland must do-or-die against Samoa in Kobe
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Scots must focus on win rather than chase bonus - McInally
- Rugby World Cup 2019: Tokyo triumph fuels Wales title dreams
Rugby World Cup 2019: Australia struggle past stubborn Georgia have 343 words, post on www.newshub.co.nz at October 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.