A history professor who correctly predicted the results of the past nine presidential elections says that Democrats should not be concerned that impeaching President Donald Trump could harm their chances during the 2020 election.Speaking to CBS News host Tanya Rivero on Wednesday, American University history professor Allan Lichtman said impeachment could only help Democrats in 2020.Litchtman’s belief goes against that among Republicans and some Democrats that impeaching Trump will only bring trouble in the next election. In a new national Monmouth University poll, only four out of 10 Republicans believe that Trump mentioned former Vice President and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden in his call with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky, despite the president admitting it.Lichtman said none of that matters. Citing his prediction model, which relies on measuring the performance of the party in the White House, it matters less that house Democrats might enrage a lot of American Conservatives in the coming months and more that impeachment, especially a formal impeachment vote, will reflect poorly on the Trump administration. Supporters of Trump have “more than suggested that opening an impeachment inquiry would actually backfire on Democrats,” host Rivero said, mentioning the Clinton impeachment wasn’t politically popular at the time…. Read full this story
- Professor with history of correctly predicting elections forecasts that Biden will defeat Trump
- Donald Trump doubles down on threat to delay the election saying it will be 'CROOKED' if it happens on November 3 - as top conservative calls him 'fascisitic' and demands immediate impeachment and removal
- Algerian leader secures fugitive officer with Erdogan call, source says
- Professor Predicts Biden Will Beat Trump in November Vote
- History professor who has accurately predicted every election since 1984 says Trump will lose
- Ukrainian president warns citizens against election interference
- Why Do the Last Votes Counted Skew Democratic?
- The big news next year: Trump loses election — or maybe not
- Kamala Harris describes tension in the Democratic Party over impeachment
- The Latest: 2 lawmakers who faced allegations are re-elected
Professor Who Correctly Called the Last 9 Elections Says Impeachment Won't Backfire on Democrats in 2020 have 319 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.