With Jacqueline Feldscher, Connor O’Brien and Daniel LippmanEditor’s Note: This edition of Morning Defense is published weekdays at 10 a.m. POLITICO Pro Defense subscribers hold exclusive early access to the newsletter each morning at 5:30 a.m. Learn more about POLITICO Pro’s comprehensive policy intelligence coverage, policy tools and services at politicopro.com. — The vice president will meet with Turkey’s leader on Thursday to demand an end to the invasion of Syria.— Democratic presidential hopefuls spar over Syria, Turkey and troops in the Middle East.— The Senate votes today to confirm the next Air Force secretary.HAPPY WEDNESDAY AND WELCOME TO MORNING DEFENSE, where we’re thrilled to see the Nationals head to their first World Series. Send tips, pitches and feedback to [email protected], and follow on Twitter @dave_brown24, @morningdefense and @politicopro. VEEP HEADS TO ANKARA: Vice President Mike Pence leaves for Turkey today ahead of a Thursday meeting with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to press him to end Turkey’s cross-border assault on Kurds in Syria.“Pence will reiterate President Trump’s commitment to maintain punishing economic sanctions on Turkey until a resolution is reached,” a statement from the VP’s office said, adding that the violence “undermines” the campaign to defeat ISIS and “threatens the… Read full this story
- Biden Meets Erdogan, Turkey Invades Syria, Business as Usual
- These Five Infamous ISIS Prisoners Could Win Freedom Amid Chaos of Turkey's Syria Invasion
- Turkey’s Syria Incursion Reveals Limits of US Backing for Kurdish Fighters
- Column of migrants marches wearily towards Greece after Turkey opens border
- Turkish Official Claims Eastern Mediterranean Part of Turkey’s ‘Blue Homeland’
- Biden in Turkey: 'For Delicate Diplomacy, I’m Not Sure He’s the Guy You Send'
- Erdogan Threatens to Expel Syrian Refugees From Turkey
- Turkey Claims Success Against IS Inside Syria Amid Questions of Intent
- Syria: Are water supplies being weaponized by Turkey?
- Putin and Erdogan Agree to Deepen Military Cooperation
Pence to confront Erdogan on Turkey’s invasion of Syria have 318 words, post on www.politico.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.