A pedestrian who died after a collision at Bryncrug at the weekend has been named.
Anthony Brown from Wolverhampton was involved in a collision shortly before 9.45pm on Saturday, 5 October.
The 38-year-old died at the scene following a collision between a single vehicle and a pedestrian on the A493.
Officers are continuing to appeal for witnesses to the collision, involving a grey Mercedes Vito van.
Paying tribute to Mr Brown, his family said: “Anthony was loved by all his family and he will be missed immensely. He had travelled to north Wales by train and was staying locally where we know he had enjoyed a night out in Tywyn on Friday evening and was looking forward to the rest of his weekend.
“We would like to issue our heartfelt thanks to all of the emergency services who did their best to save Anthony. We would now ask for privacy at this most difficult time.”
Senior investigating officer Sgt Raymond Williams of the Roads Policing Unit, said: “Our thoughts remain with Anthony’s family and friends at this difficult time.
“We continue to appeal to anybody who may have been travelling along the A493 between Tywyn and Bruncrug between 9pm and 9.45pm and who may have seen a pedestrian walking in the area.
“A member of the public called in at the local police station at 9.46pm to report a man walking into the road and an officer responded immediately. However, sadly, despite the effort of the first police officer on scene who carried out CPR with assistance from members of the public prior to the arrival of the ambulance service, Mr Brown was pronounced dead at the scene.
“Anybody who may have dashcam footage, or any local properties that has private CCTV is asked to contact us immediately.”
Contact the Western Roads Policing Unit on 101 quoting reference number 19100577148.
The road was closed to allow officers to carry out their initial enquiries and reopened shortly after 3am on Sunday, 6 October.
- Woman killed in road collision in West Lothian has been named
- Teenage boy killed in Birstall collision named by police
- Two men killed crossing road outside £300-a-night hotel as cops arrest teen driver
- Two young children killed in car crash in Wolverhampton
- Father charged with murder in DWI crash that killed 8-year-old son
- Colonie police car strikes, injures pedestrian
- Fall in road deaths while serious injuries on increase
- Woman killed in crash on major road named
- Five dead and five injured in 48 hours of carnage on Irish roads