A pedestrian who was killed in a collision with a car in Staffordshire has been named by police.
Officers from Staffordshire Police were called to the scene following the collision with a dark-coloured Vauxhall being driven by a man in his 50s.
Paramedics also attended and immediately administered advanced trauma care on the roadside, but there was nothing they could do to save the man’s life, StokeonTrent Live reported.
Adrian Leighton, aged 27, from the Stafford area, was confirmed dead at the scene.
Detectives investigating the incident believe Mr Leighton was involved in an altercation outside the White Hart pub in Stone Cross, Penkridge, Staffordshire, prior to the collision.
A 43-year-old man from Penkridge was arrested on October 2 on suspicion of common assault and has since been released under investigation pending further inquiries.
While the altercation is not thought to related to the collision, police are looking to piece together exactly what happened on the A449 Stafford Road in Penkridge on Monday, September 30.
A Staffordshire Police spokesman confirmed Mr Leighton’s family were being supported by specially trained officers and appealed for any witnesses to the assault or collision to get in touch.
He said: “We are asking any witnesses to the altercation outside the White Hart Public House or the collision, to get in touch by calling 101, or sending a private message to Staffordshire Police on Facebook or Twitter, quoting incident number 709 of September 30.”
- British rapper Cadet dies in car crash on the way to a university gig
- Elderly man who died in car crash is named
- London rapper Cadet dies in car crash on way to gig
- Police name man killed after car crashed into wall
- Up-and-coming London rapper Cadet killed in car accident
- Hunt to find family of man who died in Burton
- Investigations continue into fatal collision in Burton
- Police name van driver and passenger killed on M74 crash
- Woman dies after being hit by car on B&Q car park
- Death crash car was travelling wrong way along A50