Former Defense Secretary James Mattis roasted his old boss President Donald Trump on Thursday, saying that he is not just an overrated general but the greatest overrated general. General Mattis made the joking remarks at a white-tie gala in New York just one day after Trump demeaned him as ‘the world’s most overrated general’ during a contentious White House meeting with members of Congress. The meeting was intended to be a bipartisan discussion of Trump’s decision to pull U.S. forces from northern Syria, but it broke up after a testy exchange between Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Before the walkout, Trump disparaged Mattis, who had argued as defense secretary that U.S. troops were needed in Syria to prevent a resurgence of Islamic State fighters. Trump said Mattis ‘wasn’t tough enough’ and went on to say: ‘I captured ISIS’. Former Defense Secretary James Mattis unleashed on Donald Trump at a white-tie gala in New York on Thursday after the President demeaned him as ‘the world’s most overrated general’ The meeting was intended to be a bipartisan discussion of Trump’s decision to pull U.S. forces from northern Syria, but it broke up after a testy exchange between Trump and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi The… Read full this story
- Ousted National Security advisor John Bolton calls Donald Trump a LIAR for claiming he was fired and insists he resigned, amid claims the pair clashed over president’s plan to host the Taliban at Camp David
- Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President
- 'American carnage': Donald Trump's vision casts shadow over day of pageantry
- James Corden Did an Uncanny Anna Wintour Cosplay at the American Portrait Gala
- Brexit divided us - but at least we got some sun
- Lin-Manuel Miranda: ‘Hamilton is an insane idea, but the story works’
- Meghan Markle’s handy A-Z guide to her new family
- SPUTNIK EXCLUSIVE: Research Proves Google Manipulates Millions to Favor Clinton
- 9/11 victim's son reacts to Omar's 'some people did something' remark
- NATO's Commitments: What About Promises to Russia?
Mad Dog unleashed: James Mattis unleashes on Donald Trump and says he's honored to be the 'greatest overrated general' - as he jokingly compares himself to Meryl Streep and roasts the President for 'earning his spurs from the doctor' have 335 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 18, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.