Hull Live is joining police at Hull Fair this evening as it spends another eventful week in the city.
With only three days to go until the fair wraps up for another year, Humberside Police continue to patrol the area to make sure everyone has a good time and put a stop to any trouble.
Keeping a watchful eye on the goings on, officers are dotted around the place looking out for antisocial behaviour and drug use, as well as helping lost children and making sure everyone is safe.
In a tweet earlier today, Humberside Police said: “We’ll be out patrolling at Hull Fair every day to make sure you have an enjoyable visit.
“Feel free to come and speak to us if you see us around. You can also find officers on raised platforms around the fairground.”
Hull Live reporter Michael Mutch has been invited along to join officers on the beat. We will be live from 6pm bringing you all the latest updates as thousands are expected to attend the sixth night of Hull Fair.
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook - Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter - For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram - On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
No trouble to report
The police are conducting their rounds at the fairground but have had no reports of anything untoward as of yet.
Interacting with the public is a key part of their role
Out on the Hull Fair beat
This is PC Dennis’ first time covering Hull Fair.
He said: “It’s nice. I usually work response so it is a nice change being out on patrol and interacting with the public as well, something we don’t always get to do.”
11 missing person reports this year
Inspector Rob Crocker says 11 people have been reported missing during this year’s fair and that all of them have been resolved within 20 minutes.
Out on patrol
The fair is already getting busy but people seem in high spirits and so far, there hasn’t been any trouble.
‘It’s generally trouble free’
Sgt Fenton has been covering Hull fair for about six years.
She said: “It’s just a bit different from the normal and it is a really nice event. We generally don’t have trouble here.
“You are going to get the odd one that is a bit lary but generally it is trouble free. Many years ago we had issues with alcohol but not anymore. We have got officers in the right places.”
Crimes so far
So far this year there have been four arrests made.
These have been for public order offences or minor drugs possession.
There have also been six alcohol seizures and 35 dispersal notices made.
Meet the team
Inspector Rob Cocker, bronze commander at Hull Fair
PC Tim Fitton and Sgt Julie Fenton
- California fires live updates: Hopes for rain fade as fire teams continue war on Glass, August, Creek fires
- Coronavirus live updates: San Francisco is national big-city leader in keeping infection rates low
- Coronavirus live updates: California jobs recovery outpaces states where pandemic is surging
- Live Updates: Trump and Biden Meet for First Presidential Debate | Opinion
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Mail ballot numbers keep climbing in California
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Prop. 16 foe Ward Connerly calls white nationalists ‘super patriots’; Trump wants to ‘outlaw’ sanctuary city practices
- Trump slams the shooting ambush of two LA sheriff's at Compton train station as the work of 'Animals that must be hit hard!' - as both officers fight for their lives - and the FBI join the manhunt
- Police Ramp Up Patrols After Man With Rifle Allegedly Said He Was 'Going to Kill Black People'
- Over 30 lives perish, 25 police stations, 60 cars burnt as hoodlums overrun Lagos
- France church attack LIVE – Man and woman BEHEADED and another woman stabbed to death at Nice church as suspect is shot
- Attorney For Family Of Walter Wallace Jr. Says Philly Police ‘Not Properly Trained To Deal’ With Mental Health Issues
- Austin Police say donated military device injures man at Texas Goodwill store
- The suburb where lifestyle is more important than saving lives: Police close Manly Beach after thousands flout social distancing rules AGAIN to enjoy a swim at the Sydney coronavirus hotspot
- NYPD Officers Blare 'Trump 2020' Using Patrol Car Speakers in Violation of Code
- Kesgrave shooting LIVE – Teen lay in wait while victim, 15, walked to school as cops declare shooting ‘attempted murder’
- Cops arrest four for arson - including man who LIVE STREAMED fire he is accused of starting - as death toll from wildfires climbs to 29 and Oregon officials warn of 'mass fatality event'
- Presidency worries over Police absence, as street violence escalates
- Saturday Night Live: Colin Jost debuts his wedding ring after secretly marrying Scarlett Johansson... as John Mulaney hosts for the fourth time
- When police investigated a fight between Kate and her cop ex-husband, the red flags appeared early
- #EndSARS carnage: We can’t walk freely again — Police
Live updates from Hull Fair as we join police out on patrol have 943 words, post on www.hulldailymail.co.uk at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.