The transfer windows in Europe’s top leagues are closed, but it’s never too late to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Premier League giants want Haaland
The 19-year-old forward has been a goal-scoring sensation for FC Salzburg this season, firmly establishing himself as one of the most exciting young forwards in Europe. Haaland’s latest headline-making moment came at Anfield when he completed Salzburg’s three-goal comeback with a tap-in in the box, before Liverpool then found a winner.
Jurgen Klopp’s side are, somewhat unsurprisingly, one of three clubs being heavily linked with the Norwegian, alongside Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United. Will any club look to make a move when the January window opens?
14.10 BST: Sampdoria have signed free agent Andrea Bertolacci, Football Italia have reported. The former Milan and Genoa midfielder joins the Serie A club — who sacked coach Eusebio Di Francesco yesterday — on a one-year deal.
13.15 BST: Manchester City are monitoring Dinamo Zagreb youngster Antonio Marin, according to Sky Sports. The winger, 18, caught City’s eye when the Premier League club’s under-19 side took on Zagreb in the Champions League group stage recently. Marin notched an assist in the 2-2 draw.
11.55 BST: In a bit of managerial transfer news, French publication Le Parisien is reporting that Lyon executives want Arsene Wenger or Laurent Blanc to replace Sylvinho, who was sacked this week. The Ligue 1 club apparently want a French-speaking manager, and former PSG and France manager Blanc fits the bill, as does Wenger, who has experience in the league from his time at Monaco.
11.20 BST: Despite his limited playing time this season, Xherdan Shaqiri has said he is happy at Liverpool. Speaking to Swiss publication Schweizer Illustrierte, the midfielder said: “I’ve not regretted my move to Liverpool for a single second … Naturally, I’m not content with playing this infrequently, [but] apart from that, I’m happy in Liverpool.”
10.40 BST: Crystal palace winger Wilfried Zaha is set to take legal action against his agent, Will Salthouse, The Daily Mail has reported. The move is said to have come about due to Zaha’s anger at Salthouse’s failure to secure him a transfer from Selhurst Park this summer. The Ivory Coast international also reportedly alleges that his agent is compromised by his relationship with Eagles chairman Steve Parish.
09.50 BST: According to AS in Spain, the calm surrounding Gareth Bale at Real Madrid has already dissipated. The Wales international enjoyed a promising start to this season after a summer of unrest, but apparently he is already eyeing an exit next year, having been annoyed at his exclusion from his side’s 2-2 Champions League draw with Club Brugge last week.
09.00 BST: The Daily Star reports that beleaguered Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is already thinking ahead to the January transfer window, especially with the futures of Eric Dier and Christian Eriksen up in the air. Will he get that far after talks with Daniel Levy?
PAPER ROUND: Everton to muscle in on Dembele chase?
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sent scout to Lyon at the weekend to case an eye over former Fulham and Celtic striker Moussa Dembele, but reports suggest another Premier League club could steal a march.
Everton have suffered an awful start to the season, sitting in the relegation zone after eight matches. And now coach Marco Silva could look to Dembele to help the club out of the mire.
Dembele is rated at £40m and has struggled to hold down a starting place with Lyon this season, but still has six Ligue 1 goals to his name.
– Crystal Palace are hoping to bring Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi back to Selhurst Park in January, Daily Mail reports. The struggling Blues star was able to make a strong impact with Palace during the second half of the 2018-19 campaign, scoring 11 goals during his time with the club. Now, with Roy Hodgson’s men flying high, they’re hoping to give their attacking options a boost.
– Arsenal are said to have entered the race to sign Krylia Sovetov star Aleksandr Sobolev, The Sun reports. It’s been well known that fellow Premier League side Manchester United have been looking into the possibility of making a move for Sobolev, but now, the Gunners are also interested in adding to their already glittering attacking line-up.
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Spurs poised for Isco if Eriksen makes Madrid exit
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Real Madrid playing long game with PSG's Mbappe?
- Transfer Talk: Spurs poised for Isco if Eriksen makes Madrid exit
- Man Utd coaching staff believe Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must sign James Maddison in January
- Why Liverpool will/won't go unbeaten in the Premier League
- Who makes it into a Man Utd and Liverpool combined XI? Top stars snubbed - Big Debate
- Manchester United Season Preview
- Ex-Everton star Kevin Mirallas lifts lid on failed Tottenham move - ‘I was very shocked'
- Fantasy Soccer - Summer Transfer Window - Part 1
- Man Utd news LIVE: Solskjaer's Woodward talks, Rivaldo warns Liverpool, January transfers
- Alisson sends four-word message to Liverpool fans ahead of long-awaited return vs Man Utd
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd deal announced, Messi talks Barcelona exit, Arsenal £21m links
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer defied two Paul Pogba requests at start of the season
- How FSG have turned Liverpool dreams into reality by keeping four key promises
- Tottenham: Mauricio Pochettino, Daniel Levy and shaping club through 'crisis'
- Transfer news LIVE: Solskjaer explains Man Utd January plans, Liverpool exit blocked
- Man Utd to make double Juventus raid if Massimiliano Allegri replaces Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Man Utd planning to back Solskjaer with four January signings as Mandzukic, Dembele linked
- Man Utd chief Ed Woodward's feelings on poor start to Premier League season explained
- Man Utd urged to raid Aston Villa for three players in January to get 'top five' finish
LIVE Transfer Talk: Liverpool join Man United, Tottenham in Haaland chase have 997 words, post on www.espnfc.com at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.