The transfer windows in Europe’s top leagues are closed, but it’s never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Barca would target Rashford over Firmino
He has hardly been banging them in for Manchester United so far this season, but reports in Spain suggest that Barcelona would still prefer to sign Marcus Rashford rather than Liverpool sensation Roberto Firmino. Mundo Deportivo claims that Barcelona are drawing up a list of candidates to replace Luis Suarez as the clock ticks down on the Uruguayan’s time at the Nou Camp.
Rashford has struggled for United so far this season but is far from alone as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side have suffered their worst league start in living memory. That, though, hasn’t put off Barca, who apparently rate him over the Liverpool striker — a player who has been instrumental in Jurgen Klopp’s side’s stunning start to the season.
The rumours linking Rashford with a move to Spain are nothing new. He reportedly held talks with Barca in the summer before putting pen to paper on a new mega-deal with United in July. That deal runs to 2023, with the option of an additional year should club and player decide on one.
If Barcelona come calling, though, then who knows? Particularly given United’s current struggles — and Champions League ambitions which are becoming more and more distant by the week.
08.00 GMT: Real Madrid are ready and able to make a bid for Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen in the January transfer window if they need to, according to AS.
The Spanish outlet reports that the Denmark international could be the subject of an offer from the Bernabeu if Madrid are under-performing on the pitch or are in need of reinforcements due to injuries.
Eriksen’s current contract at Tottenham, worth a reported £4m a year, expires at the end of the season. AS claims that Spurs have offered him a new four-year deal that would raise his wage by 50%, but the player is still to be convinced his future lies in north London.
PAPER TALK (by Rich Edward): Jorginho agent refuses to rule out Serie A return
He may be flying at Chelsea after a difficult first season at Stamford Bridge, but now Jorginho‘s agent has sparked speculation that the Italian international could soon be heading back to Serie A.
The defender has enjoyed a new lease of life under Frank Lampard and has carried that form into the international break, scoring a penalty for the Azzurri on Saturday as they defeated Greece 2-0 to secure their place at next year’s European Championships. However, in an interview with Radio Sportiva (via the Mirror), Joao Santos refused to rule out the player returning to the Italian league, potentially as early as next season.
“It has certainly been a positive year for Jorginho,” he said. “He is doing well for the Nazionale and can take part in the Euros. He always converts his penalties, I am very happy for him, as he is working so hard every day. I think Jorginho can do very well at the Euros and, why not, also at the next World Cup. As for a return to Serie A, anything is possible, and he will always feel the desire to come back home.”
Enjoy him while you can then, Chelsea fans.
– It could be a quiet few months of winter transfer speculation at Barcelona. No, really. Marca reports that the Spanish giants will target only a new right-back and the club’s board and coaching staff believe they have a squad strong enough to sustain them until the 2020-21 season. The paper reports that Barca will watch the January transfer window with interest but won’t be delving into their pockets to splash the cash. Unless a right-back capable of supplementing the club’s first choice in that position, Nelson Semedo, becomes available.
- Javier Pastore could be on his way back to Argentina, joining the host of stars who are currently handing the South American league a major boost. The Roma man, and former Paris Saint-Germain star, has endured a difficult time in the Italian capital since arriving at the club last summer and now could be looking for a way out. And CNN Deportes (via Tuttosport) reports that Racing Avellaneda could be prepared to offer him just that. There’s a distinct link behind the rumour too, with the Argentine club’s technical secretary, Diego Milito, having played with Pastore for the national side.
- Arsenal transfer pursuit of Marcus Rashford SLAMMED by ex-Chelsea striker who says Man Utd ace is ‘not clinical’
- Harry Maguire told to leave Man Utd in 72 hours in horror bomb threat, Kalvin Phillips transfer talks, Ronaldo latest
- Arsenal will be worried about Gabriel to Barcelona transfer because of seven players
- Phillipe Coutinho has taught best friend Roberto Firmino pivotal Liverpool transfer lesson
- Barcelona star Antoine Griezmann open to PSG transfer because of Lionel Messi
- Man Utd handed Jadon Sancho transfer boost as Borussia Dortmund star set for exit
- Liverpool transfer chiefs saw £30m bid rejected for Mohamed Salah back-up in January
- Man Utd want Rashford to stay and get career back on track despite relationship hitting new low with Leicester snub
- Man Utd, Real Madrid, PSG & Barcelona ‘to step up Antonio Rudiger free transfer chase THIS WEEK after Chelsea’s Euro KO’
- Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fear over James Maddison transfer eased for one reason
- Robert Lewandowski will stay at Bayern Munich and reject transfer to Man Utd or Arsenal, says chief Oliver Kahn
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool mistake, Neymar to Real Madrid TWIST, Barca, Man Utd, Celtic
- Barcelona 'schedule Philippe Coutinho talks' as Xavi's stance on transfer emerges
- Real Madrid star Eden Hazard ‘refuses to talk with Arsenal’ but Chelsea aren't a factor
- Paulo Dybala could still 'betray' Juventus as talks continue in Arsenal and Tottenham blow
- Liverpool OUT of Erling Haaland transfer race as Jurgen Klopp bemoans ‘crazy figures’ in huge boost to rivals Man City
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd complete £250k deal, Arsenal advanced talks, Liverpool exit
- Man Utd news LIVE: Rooney backs Pogba to LEAVE, Van Gaal reveals he’s battling cancer, Ronaldo latest – transfer update
- Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Striker personal terms AGREED claim, Bruno Fernandes admission
- Man Utd news LIVE: United’s top four BLOW, Saha slams Rooney for Ronaldo comments, Ruben Neves EXCLUSIVE
LIVE Transfer Talk: Barcelona choosing between Rashford and Firmino have 1078 words, post on www.espnfc.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.