Meghan Markle and Prince Harry return from their week-long trip to Africa today, following a whirlwind visit around the southern and central portions of the continent. During their time there, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex highlighted problems faced by people in South Africa, Malawi, Angola and Botswana. Now Harry’s brother Prince William will do the same, accompanied by Kate, Duchess of Cambridge on a state visit to Pakistan.
Prince William and Kate Middleton will be the next cook to represent the Royal Family abroad, as they travel to Pakistan.
Kensington Palace announced they would travel to the country earlier this year, the first royals to do so since 2006.
While there, they will be acting on the interests of the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Pakistani officials have welcomed news of the visit.
When are Kate and William going to Pakistan?
The official visit is due to take place in less than two weeks, as the Duke and Duchess arrive in Pakistan on October 14.
They will remain in the country for four days, before leaving on October 18.
Mohammad Nafees Zakaria, High Commissioner for Pakistan to the United Kingdom, said the trip would “strengthen” historical links between England and Pakistan.
In a statement, he said: “The Government and the people of Pakistan warmly welcome the announcement of the Royal Visit by Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to Pakistan this year.”
He added the trip was “reflection of the importance the United Kingdom attaches to its relations with Pakistan.
“The two countries enjoy historical links which both sides wish to strengthen further.”
Kensington Palace is yet to reveal what the couple will be doing while on the trip, but said details it would release details in “due course”.
William and Kate’s visit comes at a time of heightened tensions in Pakistan, as India recently revoked the special status of Kashmir, a territory at the centre of ownership debates between the two countries.
India’s governing party Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) revoked Article 370 – which had guaranteed Kashmir’s autonomy for more than 70 years – throwing the hotly contested territory into turmoil.
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams told Express.co.uk said the FCO would closely monitor the situation.
He said: “Clearly the situation arising from India’s recent revoking of the special status of the disputed region of Kashmir, which is administered by India, will be monitored closely by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its evaluation of how events proceed will obviously determine whether the visit goes ahead.”
- Prince William and Kate Middleton will get a personal lesson in pouring a pint of Guinness during three-day Irish tour starting today - but they will miss Prince Harry at Endeavour Fund on Thursday
- Kate Middleton shows sporty side at London Stadium
- 'We're spreading coronavirus, sorry': Prince William jokes with Irish paramedics that he and Kate Middleton are unwittingly passing on virus and suggests some people are panicking about ‘dying’ but have ‘just got a cough’
- Prince William jokes he and Kate are 'spreading' coronavirus
- Watch Kate Middleton Dance with Paddington Bear — While Still Battling Morning Sickness
- Taking the Eire: Prince William and Kate Middleton stroll arm in arm on a romantic clifftop walk (with their security) after visit to cattle farm on second day of royal charm offensive tour of Ireland
- A warm welcome! Prince William meets with the Emir of Kuwait at a five-course lunch - during the first full day of his solo tour in the Middle East
- More details from Kate Middleton and Prince William's exciting royal tour of Ireland revealed
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Just Met the Irish President's Dog — Just Like Meghan and Harry!
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Touch Down in Ireland for Royal Tour — in Coordinating Outfits!
- Kate Middleton always has to pack this outfit when on tour - and it might surprise you
- Prince William fears Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's return to the UK will steal the 'spotlight' and overshadow his tour of Ireland, source claims
- Prince William Jokes That He and Kate Middleton Are 'Spreading' Coronavirus During Ireland Tour
- Kate Middleton recycles Royal Tour dress as she visits Wimbledon with Prince William
- Kate Middleton Glitters in Green at Guinness Storehouse in Dublin Alongside Prince William
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Step Out for Day 2 of Their Royal Tour in Ireland!
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's cute moment you missed during their date night at the theatre
- A royal battle! The Cambridges and the Sussexes both share posts to Instagram within an hour of each other - but Prince Harry has 84,000 more 'likes' than his brother
- 40 shades of green! Kate Middleton excels at diplomatic dressing in shades of emerald, including a £1,567 Alessandra Rich dress, for her first official visit to the Republic of Ireland
- Blinging up Dublin! Kate Middleton wears new £17,300 daisy-shaped diamond earrings by Asprey as she kicks off Ireland tour
Kate Middleton Pakistan tour: When are Kate and Prince William going to Pakistan? have 836 words, post on feedproxy.google.com at October 2, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.