Hayley Tamaddon has given birth to her ‘miracle’ baby boy – after years of being told she would never conceive .
The former Emmerdale and Coronation Street star welcomed her first child with partner Adrian and announced the happy news in a tweet.
Alongside an adorable picture holding her baby’s tiny hands, she tweeted: “He's here. He's incredible. And we are besotted.”
The 42-year-old actress, who played Del Dingle in Emmerdale and Andrea Beckett in Corrie, received congratulatory messages from floods of her former co-stars.
“Welcome to the best club in the world. Congratulations,” replied Leanne Battersby actress Jane Danson.
Co-star Julia Goulding, who is also pregnant, said: “So so happy for you both! Sending so much love”
Corrie legend Sally Dynevor, better known as Sally Webster, tweeted: “Oh Hayley congratulations xxxx”
Former Coronation Street favourites Wendi Peters, Marc Baylis and Charlie Condou also sent congratulation messages.
Others sending their love were Benidorm creator Derren Litten. Tracy Beaker actress Dani Harmer and I’m A Celeb star Shappi Khorsandi,
While EastEnders actor Shane Richie cheekily asked: “Has he got my eyes?”
Hayley had excitedly revealed she was pregnant back in April, and couldn’t believe the news.
“EXCITING NEWS TWEET!! I’m so pleased to tell you all… I'm expecting my first child with my wonderful boyfriend Adrian!!” she told her fans.
“I’ve always wanted to be a mum and didn’t think I could have children. And now, at the ripe old age of 42 – I’M PREGNANT! We couldn’t be happier.”
She accidentally gave away the sex of her unborn baby during an appearance on ITV’s Lorraine.
Host Lorraine asked her to return to the morning show when the baby arrived.
As Hayley agreed, she said: “I’ll bring him… or her…I think I just gave away what it is.”
The pair laughed off the moment, as viewers congratulated the mum-to-be on Twitter .
Hayley also opened up about her heartbreaking fertility battles and how, at the age of 40, she had been trying to make peace with not being a mum.
“I found myself single and I’m 40 years old thinking, 'Well that's my time gone. Be ok with it,” she said.
“I’ve read there’s only a five percent chance after 40, per month, that a woman can get pregnant and the risk of miscarriage increases massively.
“Sadly we did go through that, but what that taught me was I could get pregnant, I can do it.”
Hayley said she’d had trouble with her ovaries since she was a teenager, and had been plagued by ovarian cysts throughout her adult lfie.
She said her mum had similar problems conceiving, revealing it had taken her parents seven years before she arrived.
Hayley and Adrian, who grew up on the same street but didn’t get together until 2017, even discussed adoption as she knew how desperate he was to be a dad.
“I said, ‘Look, I can’t have kids, I don’t think it’s going to happen for me. He said, ‘That’s OK, maybe we could adopt in the future?’ And I thought, ‘Yes we could’. Again, I thought it won’t happen.”
Hayley recently joined up with her former co-stars Julia Goulding and Brooke Vincent for a relaxing spa day as they all got pregnant at the same time.
The trio proudly compared their swimwear-clad bumps at The Garden Spa in Warrington on their day out.
“Mummy’s to be having a spa day at the garden spa in Warrington .. proudly showing off our baby bumps. So lucky we get to go through this together,” Hayley tweeted.
Sally Carman, who plays Corrie’s Abi Franklin commented: “I couldn’t love this picture more.”
Hayley found love with Adrian two years ago, after splitting from Joe Tracini.
She’d previously hit headlines over her long-term relationship with then-married Marcus Brigstocke , who walked out on his wife of 12 years to be with Hayley.
Before him, Hayley was engaged to dancer and choreographer Darren Charles, who admitted to cheating on her while she was filming Dancing On Ice in 2010 – the series she went on to win.
During her relationship with Marcus, Hayley told the Mirror that she wanted children in the future.
“I’m a very happy girl at the moment. I’m doing everything that I love to do. My family are very proud of me,” she said at the time.
“My body feels 37 but I still feel 21. I sometimes forget that I’m going to be 40. It would be lovely to have kids in the future but for now my main concentration is my work.”
She went on: “I’m not scared of nappies or screaming babies but I’m just not at that point.
“Not many of my friends have settled down either. I’m a workaholic. It’s always work, work, work, I can’t switch it off.”
Congratulations, Hayley and Adrian!
- Dani Dyer gives BIRTH! Love Island star welcomes a baby boy with boyfriend Sammy Kimmence and says she's 'completely in love'
- 'I could stare at his little face all day long': Dani Dyer shares sweet new photo of her baby boy after giving birth to her first child with boyfriend Sammy Kimmence
- Charlotte Dawson gives BIRTH to a baby boy! Reality star shares first snap of her newborn with fiancé Matthew Sarsfield and celebrates with a McDonald's feast in hospital
- 'Still dazed and slightly drugged!' Kara Tointon shares woozy snap from her hospital bed a week after giving birth to second son
- 'Me and Sammy are so in love with him': Dani Dyer reveals she has named her 'perfect' baby boy Santiago and shares sweet nickname for the newborn
- Danielle Armstrong shows off toned physique in a floral bikini as she reveals 3.5st weight loss eight months after giving birth to daughter Orla
- Ashley James raves about comfy incontinence pants as she recovers from birth
- 'We didn't know if we could bear to try again': The heartwarming moment mum, 35, meets her newborn baby boy Omar for the first time - after tragically delivering her little girl stillborn
- First-time mother, 28, reveals how she shed 26kg in six months WITHOUT leaving her house or using any fitness equipment while she looked after her baby boy
- Miracle baby born after mum's six miscarriages and dad battles brain tumour
- Devastated mother, 28, shares heartbreaking images of her lifeless baby boy born at 18 weeks on TikTok as she strives to break the taboo around child loss
- Charlotte Dawson's fiancé Matt Sarsfield 'lets slip' baby boy's name as he he shares photo of the newborn in a 'Prince' outfit hours after his birth
- 'Oh my baby boy, how did we get so lucky?': New mum Dani Dyer shares sweet new photo of her newborn son dressed in a £290 Fendi babygrow
- Dani Dyer names her baby son Santiago – and not Daniel after her and dad Danny
- Baby Dyer's designer wardrobe: Dani dresses her newborn son Santiago in £169 Givenchy baby-grow... days after showing off his £290 Fendi outfit
- Dani Dyer sparks speculation she's given BIRTH as she deletes cryptic selfie... replacing it with a glam snap flaunting her bump in grey loungewear
- Inside Chloe Ferry’s incredible Newcastle mansion as she gives fans a tour of her ‘quarantine home’ on return from Dubai
- Emmerdale stars Laura Norton and Mark Jordan welcome first baby!
- 'Conceived during the pandemic': Pregnant Lauren Goodger, 34, reveals she and Charles Drury, 23, were 'very active' in bedroom as she unveils questionable new babygrow
- Brian McFadden's fiancée Danielle Parkinson reveals they're expecting a baby GIRL as she shares their fertility struggles and admits 'it's a shock when you get told that part of your life isn't going to happen'
Hayley Tamaddon gives birth to 'perfect' baby after being told she'd never conceive have 1275 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 14, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.